Who We Are:
Outdoor Voices is an active lifestyle brand. We believe in freeing fitness from performance, and embrace activity with ease, humor, and delight. We feel that Doing Things – moving your body and having fun with friends – outlasts a win when it comes to inspiring sustainably active lives. Our mission is to get people out there and Doing Things together, to redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
Outdoor Voices Founder and CEO Tyler Haney was always an athlete, but stopped resonating with the neon/black/mesh apparel on the market and the harder, faster, stronger mentality that went with it. She realized that what inspired her to stay active was completely different – more balanced, fun, and freeing – than the pressure to perform that once fueled her competitive edge. While studying at Parsons School of Design, she became obsessed with technical fabrics and shortly after graduation set out to create a new category of activewear.
Freeing fitness from performance.
Technical Apparel for Recreation.
To spark bonds through activity and redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
We’re casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who integrate activity into everything we do –from product design to team culture. Our goal is to grow the OV Community by participating in it, to inspire Doing Things together by Doing Things, together.
About the role:
A Store Manager at Outdoor Voices determines the success and trajectory of the store. You'll focus primarily on developing a team of exceptional associates, executing and implementing processes and procedures that help us consistently provide amazing customer service, and ensure that the store exceeds defined financial performance targets. You’ll also work very closely with your local Field Marketing Manager to ensure community engagement and drive new customer growth through events and local relationships.
Specific Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Understand our Core Values and lead through them with both the team and our customers
- Manage daily scheduling, time off, and payroll matters for all store associates
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve all operational activities to ensure the store exceeds financial and customer experience targets and maintains brand consistency
- Coordinate monthly store events with the local Field Marketing Manager
- Develop and ensure procedures are followed to protect the company’s inventory and assets as well as all activities related to risk management and safety
- Recruit and hire individuals that live our core values and will stop at nothing to serve our customers
- Provide initial and frequent ongoing feedback, training and development for all team members
- Assess talent, develop and promote new leaders within your 4 walls and beyond
- Achieve and exceed productivity and sales plan expectations
- Improve profitability by managing controllable expenses such as payroll, supplies and shrinkage
- Set an example of exceptional customer service by leading sales efforts on the selling floor
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in retail management
- Full understanding of specialty retail, including business development, visual merchandising and store operations
- Computer skills to include operation of retail point of sale system, Word, Excel and Google
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 15 pounds when merchandising the sales floor and use ladders or stairs
- Strong leadership critical thinking and problem solving skills. Delegate responsibility and work to the staff.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills allowing for communication of the company’s goals and objectives
- A positive, outgoing, high energy personality that is entrepreneurial, who is sales focused and takes full ownership of the store’s business at all levels
- A mentor and leader to staff and peers. Developing individual’s strengths and identifying opportunities.
- A trainer able to teach skills in customer service, selling, and operations
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, and full health and welfare benefits.
Back to top