- Lead through our core values with both the team and our customers; be involved and engaged in the community both inside and outside the shop.
- Achieve and exceed productivity and sales plan expectations through maintaining a high level of customer service, leading with the company’s Friendship First culture and product knowledge focus.
- Ensure all team members are well versed in both the technical and functional uses of all products and are educating all customers through the selling process.
- Accountable for all areas of the shop; ability to communicate needs and execute on new ideas in order to drive sales results.
- Recruit, hire, and train individuals that live our core values and are excited to share our mission of Doing Things with our customers.
- Coordinate in-shop events & partner with Field Marketing Manager to drive traffic to the shop and engage the local community.
- Manage daily scheduling, time off, and payroll matters for all store team members.
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve all operational activities while maintaining brand consistency.
- Accountable for protecting the company’s inventory and assets, as well as all activities related to risk management and safety.
- Assess talent, develop and promote new leaders within your shop and beyond.
- Improve profitability by managing controllable expenses such as payroll, supplies and shrinkage.
- Set an example of exceptional customer service by leading sales efforts on the selling floor.
- Mentor staff and peers. Help cultivate individual’s strengths and identify opportunities.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in retail management.
- Deep understanding of specialty retail, including business development, visual merchandising and store operations.
- Experienced in small scale event execution and engaging the local community around a local business.
- Computer skills to include operation of retail point of sale system, inventory management systems, Word, Excel and Google.
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 15 pounds when merchandising the sales floor and use ladders or stairs.
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills allowing for communication of the company’s goals and objectives.
- Positive, entrepreneurial, outgoing and high energy personality.
- Comfortable teaching skills in customer service, selling, and operations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- OV Benefits include flexible vacation, 75% of health care premiums, dental and vision
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
Meet Some of Outdoor Voices's Employees
Megan P.Influencer Marketing Manager
Megan is responsible for growing the Outdoor Voices digital community. She manages the ambassador program and identifies social influencers and ambassadors to bring the product and brand mission to life.
Back to top