A Shop Manager at Outdoor Voices determines the success and trajectory of the store. This role focuses on developing a team of exceptional associates, executing and implementing processes and procedures that help us consistently provide amazing customer service, and ensure that the store exceeds defined financial performance targets. You’ll also work very closely with your local Field Marketing Manager to ensure community engagement and drive new customer growth through events and local relationships.
- Understand our Core Values and lead through them with both the team and our customers
- Manage daily scheduling, time off, and payroll matters for all store associates
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve all operational activities to ensure the store exceeds financial and customer experience targets and maintains brand consistency
- Coordinate monthly store events with the local Field Marketing Manager
- Develop and ensure procedures are followed to protect the company’s inventory and assets as well as all activities related to risk management and safety
- Recruit and hire individuals that live our core values and will stop at nothing to serve our customers
- Provide initial and frequent ongoing feedback, training and development for all team members
- Assess talent, develop and promote new leaders within your 4 walls and beyond
- Achieve and exceed productivity and sales plan expectations
- Improve profitability by managing controllable expenses such as payroll, supplies and shrinkage
- Set an example of exceptional customer service by leading sales efforts on the selling floor
- Mentor staff and peers. Help cultivate individual’s strengths and identifying opportunities.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in retail management
- Full understanding of specialty retail, including business development, visual merchandising and store operations
- Computer skills to include operation of retail point of sale system, Word, Excel and Google
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 15 pounds when merchandising the sales floor and use ladders or stairs
- Strong leadership critical thinking and problem solving skills. Delegate responsibility and work to the staff.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills allowing for communication of the company’s goals and objectives
- Positive, outgoing and high energy personality that is entrepreneurial, benefitting a sales focused ownership of the store’s business at all levels
- Comfortable teaching skills in customer service, selling, and operations
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, and full health and wellness benefits.
About Outdoor Voices:
We believe in Doing Things — moving your body and having fun with friends. From dog jogs to dodgeball, we make clothes for sweating without the added pressure. Our Recreational team is made up of casual joggers, dog walkers, and dribble-dribblers who approach activity with ease, humor, and delight. Since launching in 2014, Outdoor Voices has been featured in The New York Times, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, GQ, Forbes, and Fast Co.
Meet Some of Outdoor Voices's Employees
Director, Product Strategy
Mariel partners with the Design Team, helping them execute and realize their creative visions. She ensures Outdoor Voices’ technical apparel and brand reflect the company’s inclusive approach to activity.
Back to top