Senior Product Manager
Who We Are:
Outdoor Voices is an active lifestyle brand. We believe in freeing fitness from performance, and embrace activity with ease, humor, and delight. We feel that Doing Things – moving your body and having fun with friends – outlasts a win when it comes to inspiring sustainably active lives. Our mission is to get people out there and Doing Things together, to redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
Outdoor Voices Founder and CEO Tyler Haney was always an athlete, but stopped resonating with the neon/black/mesh apparel on the market and the harder, faster, stronger mentality that went with it. She realized that what inspired her to stay active was completely different – more balanced, fun, and freeing – than the pressure to perform that once fueled her competitive edge. While studying at Parsons School of Design, she became obsessed with technical fabrics and shortly after graduation set out to create a new category of activewear.
Freeing fitness from performance.
Technical Apparel for Recreation.
To spark bonds through activity and redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
We’re casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who integrate activity into everything we do –from product design to team culture. Our goal is to grow the OV Community by participating in it, to inspire Doing Things together by Doing Things, together.
About the role:
We’ve built an incredible product, brand, and community. We’re looking for a world-class Product Manager to join our team and partner with the Director of eCommerce, Tech, and Brand teams to lead the charge on building out our direct to consumer platform. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who understands user empathy, the lifecycle of online products, and can lead the enhancement of the site, build of tools, and creation of digital experiences that deliver on OV’s business objectives. The right candidate will help manage the day-today site experience, identify customer needs, drive roadmaps and requirements, deliver world-class features, and effectively evangelize the eCommerce Team’s vision to stakeholders, partners, and colleagues alike.
Specific Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- The primary role is to help manage the site’s current experience via the assessment, enhancement, elimination, and creation of products (online, mobile, instore) and features that enrich the OV customers’ experience. This will require working cross-functionally to drive ideas from conception to execution, creating requirements specifications for development, setting/analyzing success metrics, and driving deep into the operations that create improvements.
- Lead feature definition, ROI analysis, planning and implementation efforts.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development.
- Proactively identify problems that arise in the platform, outline options, and recommend solutions.
- Utilize market research, consumer surveys, and data to understand consumer needs, discover competitive and functional gaps and identify new opportunities that convey a consistent brand image and user experience that fits into OV goals.
- Communicate and coordinate with key stakeholders across the organization to share priorities, roadmap, and key learning's.
- Collaborate with the entire eCommerce team to create an enjoyable and engaging experience throughout the customer journey, driving a high-touch experience with best in class NPS.
- An individual who dares to be innovative, and thrives in a friendly and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and is a catalyst to get things done.
- Strong Product Management skills, with a proven track record of executing complicated products by collaborating with cross-functional teams over extended timelines.
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up current assumptions.
- Verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong consultative, communication and influencing abilities with the utmost integrity and transparency.
- Strong operational and process improvement skills. Demonstrated experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve scale issues.
- Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences. Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior executives.
- Non-conforming attitude with an appetite to attack the status quo in the space using unorthodox methods and with a willingness to take risks.
- Solid business judgment and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to make projects land.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field (MBA prefered).
- 5+ years of experience in eCommerce, product management, or related field that has provided the financial skills to drive ROI analysis and business skills to drive an innovative product strategy.
- 2+ years managing other individuals.
- General business and financial acumen combined with demonstrated creative thinking ability.
- Evident leadership skills; a proven record of building strong teams, setting high performance standards, challenging people to excel and eliciting their sustained high performance.
- You enjoy activity.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
Back to top