Senior Product Copywriter
Outdoor Voices is seeking a Product Copywriter to conceptualize, develop, and manage brand voice for eCommerce, marketing, and in-store product assets. This means everything from In-Store Signage and Way-finding to the little details noted on a Price Tag. Your words will be some of the first things customers will read, and we want to make sure they are introduced to the product in the clearest, most relatable, approachable way possible. This role is ideal for creative thinkers who can balance their writing craft with a love of technical design and product. This person should have an active mind, an energetic tone and a genuine openness to giving and receiving constructive feedback. At the end of the day, you will be responsible for communicating key messages that get people Doing Things.
- Collaborate with the Director of Brand Strategy and Senior Art Director to ensure consistency and brand integrity between visual and written creative.
- Perform extensive competitor audits in order to compile pitch decks pertaining to specific projects/product launches/collaborations.
- Craft and own copy through multiple rounds of edits for all eCommerce needs (homepages, product descriptions, special landing pages, product emails etc).
- Produce copy for product print assets, including brand-wide and regional markets.
- Conceptualize and direct all aspects of product nomenclature, e.g. fabrics, colors, architecture.
- Offer constructive support and feedback on copy produced by Associate Copywriter.
- Produce and self-edit copy for internal assets.
- 2-4 years experience in copywriting, preferably within the athletic wear industry or an active, outdoorsy counterpart.
- Ability to write clear, concise and compelling (dare we say...Punchy!) copy, compounded by a thorough understanding of English grammar, SEO and brand guidelines.
- Ability to juggle a high volume of copy requests, shift priorities quickly, and execute assets of excellent quality for last-minute deadlines, all with a positive attitude.
- Possess outstanding communication skills and strong attention to detail to ensure consistency of voice throughout all assets.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- OV Benefits include flexible vacation, 75% of health care premiums, dental and vision
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
About Outdoor Voices:
We believe in Doing Things — moving your body and having fun with friends. From dog jogs to dodgeball, we make clothes for sweating without the added pressure. Our team is made up of casual Recreationalists who approach activity with ease, humor, and delight. Since launching in 2014, Outdoor Voices has been featured in The New York Times, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, GQ, Forbes and Fast Co.
Meet Some of Outdoor Voices's Employees
Director, Product Strategy
Mariel partners with the Design Team, helping them execute and realize their creative visions. She ensures Outdoor Voices’ technical apparel and brand reflect the company’s inclusive approach to activity.
Back to top