Senior Human Resources Manager
Outdoor Voices makes Apparel for Recreation. We’re setting out to create the next great activewear brand. We’re defining a new space in the market by flipping the traditional performance positioning on its head and building a brand that approaches activity with moderation, ease, and delight. We sponsor Recreationals. We’re building a brand for our ourselves and our friends; a brand that believes the active lifestyle should be less about being superhuman and a lot more about being a real human – connecting, playing, and moving. We’re digitally native and are utilizing the efficiencies of direct to consumer to build the next great activewear brand.
We’ve built an incredible product, brand, and community. But more importantly, we’ve built an incredible team that we’re looking to nourish and expand. We’re looking for a world-class Human Resources professional to join our team and lead this charge.
What we’re looking for:
- You have a keen sense for gauging a culture and learn quickly how to help grow it. You have the skills to hire solid people, and help us make the right hires the first time. You know how to scale not only the team but the values and culture we stand for.
- You put people before process. You make decisions that are aligned with our core values while maintaining the integrity of our internal policies and practices.
- You have excellent judgment, and are a trusted and respected leader among your peers.
- You enjoy activity.
#DoingThings from Day to Day:
- Onboarding; be responsible for the setup and onboarding of all new hires with the OV culture at the forefront
- Payroll processing & administration for corporate and retail, including timesheets and non-exempt employee management
- Benefits administration
- Adherence to employment laws across corporate and retail stores up to and including EEO, ADA, FMLA
- Conflict resolution participation
- Manage all leaves, from sick, vacation, leave of absences, FMLA and disability claims
- Performance management processing, career pathing, leadership pipeline and succession planning
- Annual salary planning increases
- Relocation processing and management
- Being a strategic partner with your corporate and store team members when it comes to doing things together successfully to drive the business.
- Support managing organizational risk in application and implementation of all policies and practices.
What You Have Done:
- B.A./B.S. or relevant work experience
- 4-5 years experience working in a human resources capacity in a reputable retail organization.
- Expert knowledge of federal and state specific laws and regulations in the retail industry. Resourceful enough to educate and translate labor laws in potential future markets.
- Clear and intentional written and verbal communication skills. Strong consultative, communication and influencing abilities with the utmost integrity and transparency.
- General business and financial acumen; demonstrated analytical and creative thinking ability.
- Strong operational and process improvement skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Experience with Namely and Greenhouse a huge plus.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation!
Back to top