Part Time Sales Associate, NYC Nolita Shop
Who We Are:
Outdoor Voices is an active lifestyle brand. We believe in freeing fitness from performance, and embrace activity with ease, humor, and delight. We feel that Doing Things – moving your body and having fun with friends – outlasts a win when it comes to inspiring sustainably active lives. Our mission is to get people out there and Doing Things together, to redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
Outdoor Voices Founder and CEO Tyler Haney was always an athlete, but stopped resonating with the neon/black/mesh apparel on the market and the harder, faster, stronger mentality that went with it. She realized that what inspired her to stay active was completely different – more balanced, fun, and freeing – than the pressure to perform that once fueled her competitive edge. While studying at Parsons School of Design, she became obsessed with technical fabrics and shortly after graduation set out to create a new category of activewear.
Freeing fitness from performance.
Technical Apparel for Recreation.
To spark bonds through activity and redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
We’re casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who integrate activity into everything we do –from product design to team culture. Our goal is to grow the OV Community by participating in it, to inspire Doing Things together by Doing Things, together.
About the role:
We’ve built incredible product, brand, and community. We are now seeking out individuals who have drive and ambition to help support the Outdoor Voices’ NYC shop. In this role, you will be on the front line dealing with Outdoor Voices’ customers each and every day. Your role is to represent the brand and understand our core values as you assist our customers and sell OV product.
- Retail experience, minimum 1.5 years preferred
- You are positive and approachable.
- You’ve a friendly, engaging personality.
- You’re confident, helpful, and polite
- You’re comfortable working with the public.
- You assist customers in finding the product they are looking for (as well as the product they might not have known they were looking for).
- You go Above + Beyond with customer interaction; you create 1- on-1 relationships.
- You are familiar and comfortable with processing Credit Card payments.
- You are adept at answering e-mail / telephone queries from customers.
- You keep the floor stocked with relevant product—sizing, merchandising, etc.
- You work with Customer Support + Operations to help fulfill the occasional online order.
- You provide feedback to the shop manager on customer questions, feedback, and trends.
- You’ve the ability to be a part of a sales team.
Compensation / Perks
Hourly-based wage. Competitive discounts on OV apparel. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply! This position is part-time and on-site at our beautiful shops in NYC!
Back to top