Junior Designer - Men's
Who We Are:
Outdoor Voices is an active lifestyle brand. We believe in freeing fitness from performance, and embrace activity with ease, humor, and delight. We feel that Doing Things – moving your body and having fun with friends – outlasts a win when it comes to inspiring sustainably active lives. Our mission is to get people out there and Doing Things together, to redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
Outdoor Voices Founder and CEO Tyler Haney was always an athlete, but stopped resonating with the neon/black/mesh apparel on the market and the harder, faster, stronger mentality that went with it. She realized that what inspired her to stay active was completely different – more balanced, fun, and freeing – than the pressure to perform that once fueled her competitive edge. While studying at Parsons School of Design, she became obsessed with technical fabrics and shortly after graduation set out to create a new category of activewear.
Freeing fitness from performance.
Technical Apparel for Recreation.
To spark bonds through activity and redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
We’re casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who integrate activity into everything we do –from product design to team culture. Our goal is to grow the OV Community by participating in it, to inspire Doing Things together by Doing Things, together.
Where You Come In:
The Junior Designer will act within the Men’s Design team assisting in the sketching and inspiration process while also working with our Tech team to aid in product development and seasonal design procedure. The Junior Designer must understand the intricacies of technical garment construction and fit in order to support the product development process.
#DoingThings from Day to Day:
- Assist in seasonal concept / trend research
- Participate in initial seasonal sketch process
- Translating hand sketches to vectors and color-ups
- Preparing presentation boards for seasonal reviews
- Assisting in tech pack generation
- Participate in fittings, and update sketches and BOM’s.
What You Have Done:
- Bachelors degree in a relevant design field (fashion, industrial / product)
- 2 + years of men’s apparel design experience
- Experience in athletic wear / technical sportswear is a plus
- Use of PLM systems
- Strong Illustrator and Photoshop skills
- Technical flat sketching
- Experience in tech pack generation
- Trend searching (including fabric & trim)
- Understanding of garment construction
- Understanding of garment fit and body movement
- Love activity
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance
- Dog friendly office
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
Back to top