In-Store Graphic Designer
Outdoor Voices is seeking an innovative and thoughtful in-store designer to join the OV Creative team in executing visual assets for our retail stores nationwide. As a digital-first company, our mission in establishing retail locations is to transcend the merely transactional by delivering delightful, multidimensional physical spaces that manifest the recreational spirit. We’re looking for a graphic designer well-versed in creating print assets, who can elevate anything from signage to in-store imagery to help further Outdoor Voices’ best-in-class retail practices. The In-Store Designer will report to the Senior Art Director, as well as the Creative Director. We’re looking for candidates who take a collaborative, highly focused approach to all assignments, as well as those who can execute assets of the utmost quality on a consistent and timely basis.
- Execution – including creative development and production design – of mostly print assets, with the exception of some digital needs including online event invitations, announcement graphics, etc.
- Willingness to experiment with a broad spectrum of print materials and methods in order to enhance the scope and inventiveness of retail print collateral
- Can efficiently translate finalized graphics and imagery to precise, print-ready files ready for vendor production
- Flexibility in working cross-functionally with the Retail Team in order to execute to exact store specifications
- Adaptability to results of insights and customer feedback to ensure strategic, on-brand creative
- Collaborate with junior associates, and cross-departmental teammates as needed to fulfill creative needs
- Learn, uphold, and embrace brand guidelines and standards in all undertakings
- Provide new design insight and inspiration to help usher OV into the future and connect more deeply with our customers, new and returning
- Passionate teammate that loves the OV brand and rises to the occasion to support the broader team
- 3+ year professional design experience, preferably with a creative agency or in-house team
- Experience with production of signage in a diversity of materials (i.e. 3d acrylic letters, packaging design, etc.
- Experience with full-scale IRL ("architectural") way-finding, with an understanding of graphics in 3d space.
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Hands-on working experience with print timelines and troubleshooting
- Professional proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator. Major added bonus: Sketchup
- Strong network of vendors with whom to collaborate on in-store collateral is a plus
- Excellent time management skills and willingness to go above and beyond to meet deadlines and produce visuals of the utmost quality and brand integrity
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- OV Benefits include flexible vacation, 75% of health care premiums, dental and vision
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
About Outdoor Voices:
We believe in Doing Things — moving your body and having fun with friends. From dog jogs to dodgeball, we make clothes for sweating without the added pressure. Our team is made up of casual Recreationalists who approach activity with ease, humor, and delight. Since launching in 2014, Outdoor Voices has been featured in The New York Times, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, GQ, Forbes and Fast Co.
Meet Some of Outdoor Voices's Employees
Director, Product Strategy
Mariel partners with the Design Team, helping them execute and realize their creative visions. She ensures Outdoor Voices’ technical apparel and brand reflect the company’s inclusive approach to activity.
Back to top