Head of Retail Operations
The Head of Retail Operations is responsible for spearheading all new pop-up & store openings as well as the day-to-day operations of each retail location. We’re looking for a leader who lives and breathes the Outdoor Voices culture to be responsible for creating and executing experiences that deliver on behalf of our community.
- Ensure all retail systems and technology are providing shops the ability to complete the necessary tasks, provide a best in class customer service experience.
- Take the lead, where necessary, to implement new systems and processes
- Document all SOPs as it relates to systems, operational excellence, and compliance in all areas of the shops.
- Work cross functionally with all corporate departments on coordinating shop and company initiatives and communicate to and from shops as needed.
- Provide the shops with clear and concise communication on all action items to effectively achieve goals
- Provide a scheduled cadence for communication and set clear deadlines
- Understand and implement a platform for communication that is most suitable to the shop environment and scalable.
- Lead the planning and execution of the new shop opening operations as it relates to ensuring on time product and supply deliveries, account and systems set up, and leading the team from construction turn over to opening day.
- Establish scalable processes to ensure efficiency and cost savings for all P&L expense lines.
- Educate and support shops as it relates to inventory management from both a systems and a loss prevention perspective; Ensure best in class shrink results.
- Work with the Retail Trainer to create and educate the team about loss prevention.
- Ensure that all company processes protect inventory assets and be a pioneer for change where needed.
- Support shops on a day to day basis on any and all issues including repair and maintenance, IT/tech support, customer service issues, and SOP support.
- 5 + years in retail; combination of shop management and operations roles
- Ability to multi task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to launch a project cross functionally and lead to the finish line
- Clear and thorough communication skills
- Willing to travel domestically as needed
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- OV Benefits include flexible vacation, 75% of health care premiums, dental and vision
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
About Outdoor Voices:
We believe in Doing Things — moving your body and having fun with friends. From dog jogs to dodgeball, we make clothes for sweating without the added pressure. Our team is made up of casual Recreationalists who approach activity with ease, humor, and delight. Since launching in 2013, Outdoor Voices has outfitted over 100,000 people and has been featured in The New York Times, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, GQ, Forbes and Fast Co.
Back to top