Head of Growth Marketing
Introducing new customers to Outdoor Voices and its products is central the company’s success. As Head of Growth Marketing, you will have strategic oversight of digital acquisition and related analytical components.
This is a hyper focused digital acquisition role with a simple goal – drive more customers to all Outdoor Voices sites (eCommerce & Retail) while optimizing conversion rates.
We’re looking for a professional who approaches work with a game-changing attitude, embraces the Outdoor Voices brand, and desires to make a true impact in the digital marketing space. This is a critical position with significant responsibility and incredible potential. You should be someone who is uncomfortable with the status quo and never content to rest on your laurels. Innovation, creativity, and a hunger to always improve will be critical.
- Generate new customers, and ultimately drive transactions. Maintain a strategy of cost-effective acquisition and exploit: digital (search, affiliate, social, email, influencer, etc.) and may also oversee traditional (TV, direct mail, print, coupon, promotion, radio, etc.). You will continually identify and employ new and innovative growth hack marketing ideas.
- Utilize BI data to employ intelligent data-driven strategies and decisions; and instill an analytical environment by managing and establishing data-driven daily, monthly, and quarterly KPIs. Optimizing LTV, CAC, AOV should be primary goal.
- Recruit and retain an extraordinary team, lead cross-functional growth efforts, and contribute to the overall culture of the company.
- Select vendors and contractors when needed, manage to KPIs, achieve best pricing, and mitigate costs.
- Protect and nurture the brand. Ensure direct marketing supports the stories and lifestyle’s of OV’s amazing team and customers. Be consistent with the brand, while driving awareness and generating customers.
- Manage marketing dollars allocated and measurement of qualitative and quantitative targets. Ultimately, you will be responsible for driving profitable growth from these methods.
- Understand the needs of each segment, the application of current and future OV products to each segment, and the movement of customers through the lifecycle. Determine effective messaging for products, price points, and customer variations, addressing consumers’ preferences and desires to influence their purchase behavior.
- Work with your counterpart in Retention Marketing to support optimization of the post-purchase experience by creating programs to increase customer engagement, cross-sell other offerings, and incentivize with referral / promotion.
- Partner with Merchandising to ensure customers (and partners) see the most effective product offerings consistent with company inventory and merchandising goals.
- Build and incentivize an affiliate / influencer channels.
- 8+ years of progressive acquisition marketing experience at consumer companies that reached scale of at least $50M+ in revenue, managing annual budgets of at least $1M-20M.
- Deep eCommerce experience is essential
- Understand the full marketing funnel, conversion optimization, and retention methodologies. In-depth knowledge of segmentation & targeting (CRM), acquisition & retention (LTV), pricing & revenue (RPU) and conversion reporting & analytics (KPI).
- Experience using analytical and BI tools such as Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Google Analytics, and Domo to create insightful reporting to track the business and inform strategy.
- Management of large database, customer segmentation and transformation of data into actionable insights.
- Social media experience on both the organic and paid side (Influencers, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.).
- Experience with CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) and tools (VWO, Optimizely, or equivalent).
- Tech savvy and knowledgeable of HTML/CSS/Adobe Creative suite a plus. Ideally you have past experience establishing an eCommerce platform and customizing for scalability.
- Ability to effectively communicate with designers, engineers, and other key stakeholders.
- Experience in apparel is helpful, but not required.
- Personality profile to fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels.
- Experience managing and growing a high performing team.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- OV Benefits include flexible vacation, 75% of health care premiums, dental and vision
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
About Outdoor Voices:
We believe in Doing Things — moving your body and having fun with friends. From dog jogs to dodgeball, we make clothes for sweating without the added pressure. Our Recreational team is made up of casual joggers, dog walkers, and dribble-dribblers who approach activity with ease, humor, and delight. Since launching in 2014, Outdoor Voices has been featured in The New York Times, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, GQ, Forbes, and Fast Co.
Meet Some of Outdoor Voices's Employees
Director, Product Strategy
Mariel partners with the Design Team, helping them execute and realize their creative visions. She ensures Outdoor Voices’ technical apparel and brand reflect the company’s inclusive approach to activity.
Back to top