Who We Are:
Outdoor Voices is an active lifestyle brand. We believe in freeing fitness from performance, and embrace activity with ease, humor, and delight. We feel that Doing Things – moving your body and having fun with friends – outlasts a win when it comes to inspiring sustainably active lives. Our mission is to get people out there and Doing Things together, to redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
Outdoor Voices Founder and CEO Tyler Haney was always an athlete, but stopped resonating with the neon/black/mesh apparel on the market and the harder, faster, stronger mentality that went with it. She realized that what inspired her to stay active was completely different – more balanced, fun, and freeing – than the pressure to perform that once fueled her competitive edge. While studying at Parsons School of Design, she became obsessed with technical fabrics and shortly after graduation set out to create a new category of activewear.
Freeing fitness from performance.
Technical Apparel for Recreation.
To spark bonds through activity and redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
We’re casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who integrate activity into everything we do – from product design to team culture. Our goal is to grow the OV Community by participating in it, to inspire Doing Things together by Doing Things, together.
Where You Come In:
We are looking for a graphic designer who can fulfill our content needs for Outdoor Voices’ website, emails, social platforms, digital and print advertisements. You will join our Art Department and work closely with our Branding and Marketing team. An informed eye, design experience, and willingness to create and experiment are integral to this position. Most importantly, we look for candidates who are excited and willing to engage with the OV family, whether on the court or in the office.
- Learn, uphold, and embrace brand guidelines and standards in all undertakings
- Provide new design insight and inspiration to help usher OV into the future and connect more deeply with our customers, new and returning
- Design support for layout, imagery, and functional aspects of The Recreationalist, emails, and landing pages
- Support and supervise creative development for various marketing collateral spanning digital and print, from initial concepts to execution of substantive assets
- Adaptability to results of site analytics and customer feedback, promoting the best possible methods for outreach
- Review design efforts until they fall into line with OV’s approachable, intellectual products and brand voices
- Delegate appropriately to Junior Designers, as well as work and lead with heads of other departments to fulfill creative needs, particularly Art Directors
- BFA in Graphic Design or Communication, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
Experience/proficiency in CSS, HTML, Wordpress is ideal but not necessary
- Prior professional design and production experience (specifically in regards to marketing/branding)
- Ability to translate visuals across multiple devices and on all platforms, including print
- Excellent time management skills and willingness to go above and beyond to meet deadlines and produce visuals of the utmost quality and brand integrity.
- Competitive compensation package
- Health insurance
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
Back to top