Front End Web Developer
Who We Are:
Outdoor Voices is an active lifestyle brand. We believe in freeing fitness from performance, and embrace activity with ease, humor, and delight. We feel that Doing Things – moving your body and having fun with friends – outlasts a win when it comes to inspiring sustainably active lives. Our mission is to get people out there and Doing Things together, to redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
Outdoor Voices Founder and CEO Tyler Haney was always an athlete, but stopped resonating with the neon/black/mesh apparel on the market and the harder, faster, stronger mentality that went with it. She realized that what inspired her to stay active was completely different – more balanced, fun, and freeing – than the pressure to perform that once fueled her competitive edge. While studying at Parsons School of Design, she became obsessed with technical fabrics and shortly after graduation set out to create a new category of activewear.
Freeing fitness from performance.
Technical Apparel for Recreation.
To spark bonds through activity and redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
We’re casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who integrate activity into everything we do –from product design to team culture. Our goal is to grow the OV Community by participating in it, to inspire Doing Things together by Doing Things, together.
About the role:
We're seeking a front end web developer to help us build and expand our eCommerce platform and general web presence. OV is a young company, and as such you'd be joining a very small engineering team to help us define and build foundational systems and processes as we quickly grow. The role provides an opportunity for a self-motivated and intellectually curious person to take on high-responsibility tasks and solve problems in an environment that encourages independent thought, action, analysis, and reflection.
If you're interested in expanding your skill set, the position also offers the opportunity to get your hands dirty with server side development. Your day to day responsibilities will include leading new web product initiatives, building business tools, aiding with support of marketing programs, bug fixes/maintenance of our existing codebase, and adding your technical point-of-view to discussions.
About you: (minimum requirements)
- 3+ years as a software engineer
- Knowledge of the latest UX frameworks and interest in user interface design
- Experience with Python or React.js
- Comfortable interfacing with 3rd party APIs
- Capable of working with Unix command line tools and version control tools such as Git
- Experience building and expanding web platforms
- eCommerce and/or web design experience a big plus
- Proactive self-starter; highly organized, excellent multitasking and time management skills, and detail oriented
- Excellent problem-solver and troubleshooter
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- You’re familiar with the Apparel industry.
- You enjoy Activity.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Health insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation.
We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply! When you reach out, please include all pertinent links and code samples. Send along a casual cover letter and work. This position is full-time and on-site at our headquarters in New York, NY.
Back to top