Field Marketing Manager
The Field Marketing Manager is responsible for creating and implementing local marketing strategies focused on driving sales, building brand awareness, and ensuring successful new store/market launches. Through innovative and authentic field marketing plans, and a deep understanding of the Outdoor Voices customer, this position will connect to local communities, deliver memorable OV experiences, and drive customer acquisition. We want a people-person who’s able to foster connections within the community – a leader who understands, lives and breathes our culture so that he/she can create and execute experiences that deliver on our brand promise.
- Develop best-in-class strategies to connect local initiatives to the overall brand message, and ensure a consistent brand experience across all markets.
- Execute a local marketing plan as an extension of national seasonal marketing plan, inclusive of events calendar, partnerships, press and budget.
- Manage all communication between the field and clubhouse; act as a liaison, ensuring healthy discussions, touch bases and feedback loops.
- Work with our creative team to develop collateral, assets and toolkits to support local efforts and marketing needs.
- Develop turnkey event and campaign solutions that can be scaled and utilized across a variety of locations or demographics.
- Build short- and long-term grassroots marketing plans in partnership with our events and operations teams to drive traffic and sales.
- Recommend media and advertising opportunities (OOH, sponsorships, etc.) based on store or market needs.
- Understand ROI of efforts; be able to measure success and develop a reporting structure for all online and offline efforts.
- Identify and build relationships with local businesses, company fitness studios, influencers and media to drive authentic communications.
- Work with additional OV recreationalists to support local efforts.
- Keep a pulse on local competition and reporting back; be the eyes and ears of your market.
- Drive loyalty by connecting customers with our brand and the notion of the Doing Things, both in and outside of our store.
- 2+ years of Field Marketing or Public Relations experience
- Superior people skills: you believe in recreation and doing things and how to get people to rally around it
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Understanding of general marketing, PR and communications
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated team player, with the ability to lead projects proactively
- Demonstrated ability in setting and achieving both short- and long-term priorities and goals
- Strong knowledge of the local market, with ability to leverage psychographic and demographic data to make decisions
- BA/BS required
- Must be willing to travel locally and be based out of the retail store
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health insurance
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
About Outdoor Voices:
We believe in Doing Things — moving your body and having fun with friends. From dog jogs to dodgeball, we make clothes for sweating without the added pressure. Our Recreational team is made up of casual joggers, dog walkers, and dribble-dribblers who approach activity with ease, humor, and delight. Since launching in 2013, Outdoor Voices has outfitted over 75,000 customers and has been featured in The New York Times, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, GQ, Forbes, and Fast Co.
Back to top