Director, Supply Chain
Who We Are:
Outdoor Voices is an active lifestyle brand. We believe in freeing fitness from performance, and embrace activity with ease, humor, and delight. We feel that Doing Things – moving your body and having fun with friends – outlasts a win when it comes to inspiring sustainably active lives. Our mission is to get people out there and Doing Things together, to redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
Outdoor Voices Founder and CEO Tyler Haney was always an athlete, but stopped resonating with the neon/black/mesh apparel on the market and the harder, faster, stronger mentality that went with it. She realized that what inspired her to stay active was completely different – more balanced, fun, and freeing – than the pressure to perform that once fueled her competitive edge. While studying at Parsons School of Design, she became obsessed with technical fabrics and shortly after graduation set out to create a new category of activewear.
Freeing fitness from performance.
Technical Apparel for Recreation.
To spark bonds through activity and redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
We’re casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who integrate activity into everything we do –from product design to team culture. Our goal is to grow the OV Community by participating in it, to inspire Doing Things together by Doing Things, together.
Where You Come In:
We’ve built an incredible product, brand, and community. We’re looking for a world-class Operations professional to join our team and lead the charge on scaling our supply chain. The right candidate is a dynamic individual who understands modern, multi-channel supply chains and can lead the development of the processes, capabilities and tools to deliver on OV’s business objectives. The right candidate will identify opportunities and customer needs, drive roadmaps and requirements, deliver a world-class experience, and effectively evangelize the supply chain vision to stakeholders, partners and colleagues alike.
#DoingThings from Day to Day:
- The primary role is as business owner of retail and online distribution. To develop, enhance, and support supply chain activities to scale with the rapid growth of the OV business.
- Improving accuracy and visibility of inventory flows from manufacturing partners to our stores and eCommerce distribution center. Enforcing vendor compliance on late, inaccurate, or shipments that are out of compliance.
- Transportation - Creating a positive impact on gross margin by optimizing our transportation from suppliers to manufacturers, and from manufacturers through our distribution channels.
- Shipping - Expand direct to consumer shipping to include enhanced domestic and international, and same-day delivery (in retail locations).
- Optimize 3PL service levels. Source and evaluate best in class partner opportunities across pick, pack, and ship.
- Lead inventory investment planning, analysis, and review. Improve the consistency of our stock levels and store replenishment of product materials and channel inventory.
- Manage supply chain partners to support inventory flexibility and speed across the supply chain.
- Working cross-functionally to drive ideas from conception to execution, creating process and specifications, developing new business models, setting and analyzing success metrics.
- Lead process definition, ROI analysis, planning and implementation efforts.
- Proactively identify problems that arise in the supply chain, outline options, and recommend solutions.
- Utilize market research, consumer surveys, and data to understand consumer needs, discover competitive and functional gaps and identify new opportunities to improve.
- Communicate and coordinate with key stakeholders across the organization to share priorities, roadmap, and key learning's.
- Develop and manage an annual department budget. Oversee all expenditures to ensure they are in line with fiscal requirements.
- An individual who dares to be innovative, and thrives in a friendly and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and is a catalyst to get things done.
- Strong Supply Chain Management skills, with a proven track record of developing sophisticated supply chains by collaborating with both external vendors and cross-functional teams over extended timelines.
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up current assumptions.
- Verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong consultative, communication and influencing abilities with the utmost integrity and transparency.
- Strong operational and process improvement skills. Demonstrated experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve scale issues.
- Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences. Demonstrated ability to engage and influence others.
- Non-conforming attitude with an appetite to attack the status quo in the space using unorthodox methods and with a willingness to take risks.
- Solid business judgment and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to make projects land.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (MBA preferred).
- 7+ years of experience developing and managing multi-channel supply chain processes
- Financial skills to drive an ROI analysis and business skills to drive an innovative supply chain strategy.
- 4+ years managing other individuals.
- Demonstrated creative thinking/problem solving ability.
- Evident leadership skills; a proven record of building strong teams, setting high performance standards, challenging people to excel and eliciting their sustained high performance.
- You enjoy activity.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
Back to top