Director of Human Resources
Outdoor Voices makes Apparel for Recreation. We’re setting out to create the next great
activewear brand. We’re defining a new space in the market by flipping the traditional
performance positioning on its head and building a brand that approaches activity with
moderation, ease, and delight. We sponsor Recreationals. We’re building a brand for our
ourselves and our friends; a brand that believes the active lifestyle should be less about being
superhuman and a lot more about being a real human – connecting, playing, and moving. We’re
digitally native and are utilizing the efficiencies of direct to consumer to build the next great
We’ve built an incredible product, brand, and community. But more importantly, we’ve built an incredible team that we’re looking to nourish and expand. We’re looking for a world-class Human Resources professional to join our team and lead this charge.
What we’re looking for:
- You have a keen sense for gauging a culture and learn quickly how to grow it. You have the skills to hire solid people, and help us make the right hires the first time. You know how to scale not only the team but the values and culture we stand for.
- You put people before process. You make decisions that are aligned with our core values while maintaining the integrity of our internal policies and practices.
- You have excellent judgment, and are a trusted and respected leader amongst your peers.
- You enjoy activity.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Being a strategic partner with your corporate and store team members when it comes to doing things together successfully to drive the business.
- Act as master coach on a variety of components impacting an inspiring employee experience, including: recruiting & hiring, employee relations, organizational development, performance management, labor laws, compensation and benefits, and more.
- Be attuned to of the best HR tools and employee offerings for a savvy organization in a fast-moving industry; provide strategic recommendations to the business on how best to achieve desired result.
- Cultivate a strong relationship with Retail Operations & Management to undertake key human resource decisions to support the current and future talent, sales and service needs of the business.
- Manage organizational risk in application and implementation of all policies and practices.
- Lead the way as navigator for the roadmap of career pathing, goaling and leadership pipeline planning.
- Develop and manage an annual department budget. Oversee all departmental expenditures to ensure they are in line with fiscal requirements.
Background & Experience
- B.A./B.S. or relevant work experience
- 6-8 years experience working in a human resources capacity in a reputable retail organization.
- 3+ years management experience.
- Expert knowledge of federal and state specific laws and regulations in the retail industry. Resourceful enough to educate and translate labor laws in potential future markets.
- Clear and intentional written and verbal communication skills. Strong consultative, communication and influencing abilities with the utmost integrity and transparency.
- General business and financial acumen; demonstrated analytical and creative thinking ability.
- Strong operational and process improvement skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Evident leadership skills; a demonstrated record of building strong teams, setting high performance standards, challenging people to excel and eliciting their sustained high performance.
- Professional gravitas and credibility, comfortable dealing with senior leadership.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
Back to top