Customer Retention Marketing Manager
Who We Are:
Outdoor Voices is an active lifestyle brand. We believe in freeing fitness from performance, and embrace activity with ease, humor, and delight. We feel that Doing Things – moving your body and having fun with friends – outlasts a win when it comes to inspiring sustainably active lives. Our mission is to get people out there and Doing Things together, to redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
Outdoor Voices Founder and CEO Tyler Haney was always an athlete, but stopped resonating with the neon/black/mesh apparel on the market and the harder, faster, stronger mentality that went with it. She realized that what inspired her to stay active was completely different – more balanced, fun, and freeing – than the pressure to perform that once fueled her competitive edge. While studying at Parsons School of Design, she became obsessed with technical fabrics and shortly after graduation set out to create a new category of activewear.
Freeing fitness from performance.
Technical Apparel for Recreation.
To spark bonds through activity and redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
We’re casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who integrate activity into everything we do –from product design to team culture. Our goal is to grow the OV Community by participating in it, to inspire Doing Things together by Doing Things, together.
About the role:
Our Marketing team goals include 1) Growing OV through effective customer acquisition 2) Scaling around our growing customer base 3) Presenting an on-brand message to our customers. This is to say - our world revolves around our customers and we're building out our marketing team to support that vision.
We’re looking for a world-class individual to join us as a Retention Marketing Manager. This role will have broad ownership of and responsibility for customer retention at Outdoor Voices, including ownership of retention channels (email program, loyalty, etc.), and KPIs (repeat rate, win backs of lapsed customers, etc.).
Specific Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Retention channel strategy and day-to-day management: You will help write the playbook for customer retention across all channels (email, loyalty, etc.), owning strategy, execution, reporting and analysis of retention efforts.
- Testing: You’ll vet and test emerging retention opportunities.
- Performance: You will have performance ownership of all KPIs (repeat rate, winback rate, lapsed rate, etc.).
- Reporting: You’ll produce weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting on retention efforts, keeping marketing and cross-functional teams in the loop on performance.
- Cross-functional collaboration: You’ll work across marketing, operations, merchandising, and finance, teams to lead retention efforts.
- Build and own key relationships with external vendors.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and a passion to stay on top of the latest marketing trends & channels.
- Prior retention marketing experience and experience managing an email program for a consumer brand.
- Proficiency with HTML and a basic understanding of Photoshop.
- Genuine interest and vision for how consumer brands retain customers.
- Strategic thinking -- a vision for how we can scale the OV brand and the role that acquisition plays in that effort.
- Analytical horsepower -- you have prior experience analyzing results and applying learnings that helped build a consumer brand.
- Excellent excel skills. Bonus points if you have SQL experience.
- A team player who can also go it alone at times.
- Good project management skills and the ability to stay cool in fast-paced and ambiguous situations.
- Attention to detail.
- A "get it done" no task too small attitude.
- Intellectual honesty. You are just as likely to admit when your idea didn't work as when it did.
- Creative, yet strategic approaches to problem solving.
- An innovator who is entrepreneurial in spirit.
- Bachelor's degree in (but not limited to) Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field with 2-4 years of retention marketing experience with a consumer brand or agency.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
Back to top