Who We Are:
Outdoor Voices is an active lifestyle brand. We believe in freeing fitness from performance, and embrace activity with ease, humor, and delight. We feel that Doing Things – moving your body and having fun with friends – outlasts a win when it comes to inspiring sustainably active lives. Our mission is to get people out there and Doing Things together, to redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
Outdoor Voices Founder and CEO Tyler Haney was always an athlete, but stopped resonating with the neon/black/mesh apparel on the market and the harder, faster, stronger mentality that went with it. She realized that what inspired her to stay active was completely different – more balanced, fun, and freeing – than the pressure to perform that once fueled her competitive edge. While studying at Parsons School of Design, she became obsessed with technical fabrics and shortly after graduation set out to create a new category of activewear.
Freeing fitness from performance.
Technical Apparel for Recreation.
To spark bonds through activity and redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
We’re casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who integrate activity into everything we do – from product design to team culture. Our goal is to grow the OV Community by participating in it, to inspire Doing Things together by Doing Things, together.
Where You Come In:
We’ve built an incredible product, brand, and community. And now we are seeking an experienced Controller to build, and lead, a best-in-class Accounting function at Outdoor Voices.
What You Have Done:
- 10-15 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably across a mix of public and private. CPA required.
- Background in consumer goods or retail (vertically integrated), with time spent in apparel industry a major plus.
- Experience implementing best practices, controls, and processes.
- Experience managing financial reporting, inventory management, accounts payable, HR/Payroll, equity, and treasury functions.
- Have led or participated in an ERP migration.
- Ability to act as a “player/coach” in a lean and fast-paced startup environment. Can still post your own JEs.
#DoingThings from Day to Day:
- Serve as “internal audit” function, identifying gaps and risk areas to enhance our monthly close process – and lead execution.
- Implement a robust system of internal controls to manage financial and operational risks.
- Evaluate current end to end processes and identify opportunities for automation and enhancement. Work cross functionally with team leaders, where relevant, to make improvements as necessary.
- Provide ad hoc reporting as required to Director of Finance and other Team Leads.
- Create and manage to department-specific KPIs.
- Work with Legal & HR on enterprise risk management, as well as employee-related legal and tax issues.
- Manage payroll as well as equity compensation.
- Ensure successful completion of annual audit.
- Liaise with tax teams to ensure full compliance with tax reporting requirements is met.
- Manage reporting needs in accordance with debt covenants and investor requirements.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
Back to top