Color and Print Manager
Who We Are:
Outdoor Voices is an active lifestyle brand. We believe in freeing fitness from performance, and embrace activity with ease, humor, and delight. We feel that Doing Things – moving your body and having fun with friends – outlasts a win when it comes to inspiring sustainably active lives. Our mission is to get people out there and Doing Things together, to redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
Outdoor Voices Founder and CEO Tyler Haney was always an athlete, but stopped resonating with the neon/black/mesh apparel on the market and the harder, faster, stronger mentality that went with it. She realized that what inspired her to stay active was completely different – more balanced, fun, and freeing – than the pressure to perform that once fueled her competitive edge. While studying at Parsons School of Design, she became obsessed with technical fabrics and shortly after graduation set out to create a new category of activewear.
Freeing fitness from performance.
Technical Apparel for Recreation.
To spark bonds through activity and redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
We’re casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who integrate activity into everything we do –from product design to team culture. Our goal is to grow the OV Community by participating in it, to inspire Doing Things together by Doing Things, together.
About the role:
We’ve built incredible product, brand, and community. We are now looking for a world class individual to join our product team to manage our color and print function.
The color team will own of the fabric process, ensuring our designers are armed with the highest quality functional and performance trim for them to design using. This will include identifying key suppliers to source and develop our core trim items, maintain accurate libraries while ensuring our trim meets our quality compliance requirements – working on a calendar and owning the upfront process.
For R&D and innovation, we want that same individual to be intellectually curious about trim and its application in garment construction, what is the next best fastening or performance component and more importantly understand how trim is integrated and applied to a finished garment.
Specific Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage the base and seasonal color palette
- Develop custom colors as required
- Support seasonal inspiration session, translate theme into seasonal color palette
- Source, develop and digitize prints/work with mills to develop prints
- Manage the seasonal timelines for internal and external processes
- Manage lab dips, strike offs, color approval process
- Seek new techniques and always look to innovate
- Create color standards, and a structure to how OV uses color and print in season
- Work with Quality and compliance team on test results and quality assurance
About you: (minimum requirements)
- 1-3+ years’ experience in color management in a retail apparel environment
- At least 1 years’ experience in print development and management
- Knowledge of dyeing, pigmentation and print application methods
- Working knowledge of apparel construction and fabrication, print/dye application and limitations of applying color to fabric
- Experience in troubleshooting
- Very hands on, detailed approach to your work
- Proficient in a PDM/PLM system
- Love activity
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
Back to top