Associate Production Manager
Who We Are:
Outdoor Voices is an active lifestyle brand. We believe in freeing fitness from performance, and embrace activity with ease, humor, and delight. We feel that Doing Things – moving your body and having fun with friends – outlasts a win when it comes to inspiring sustainably active lives. Our mission is to get people out there and Doing Things together, to redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
Outdoor Voices Founder and CEO Tyler Haney was always an athlete, but stopped resonating with the neon/black/mesh apparel on the market and the harder, faster, stronger mentality that went with it. She realized that what inspired her to stay active was completely different – more balanced, fun, and freeing – than the pressure to perform that once fueled her competitive edge. While studying at Parsons School of Design, she became obsessed with technical fabrics and shortly after graduation set out to create a new category of activewear.
Freeing fitness from performance.
Technical Apparel for Recreation.
To spark bonds through activity and redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
We’re casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who integrate activity into everything we do – from product design to team culture. Our goal is to grow the OV Community by participating in it, to inspire Doing Things together by Doing Things, together.
Where You Come In:
We’re looking for a detail-oriented Associate Production Manager with a passion for apparel to support our production team in the development of our amazing activewear.
#DoingThings from Day to Day:
- Issue and manage purchase order to vendors/suppliers.
- Daily communication with vendors/suppliers to resolve production issues.
- Monitor the time and action schedule and escalate any potential problems to ensure on-time delivery.
- Request and track all samples (Photoshoot samples, PPS, TOP samples), manage samples and distribute to appropriate departments – Design, Tech, Production, Marketing.
- Manage shipment schedule in order to meet target delivery.
- Review and approval of Care label layouts, UPC stickers and carton markings for bulk production.
- Work with design for color/trim approval and follow up proto/PPS/TOP approval with tech team.
- Maintain departmental files and charts.
- Monitor weekly WIP reports from factories/vendors.
- Handle other responsibilities and projects, as assigned.
What You have Done:
- Bachelor’s degree, in a related field of study, or equivalent functional experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience in production.
- Knowledge of garment construction and ability to read tech packs.
- Strong CAD skills including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, MS, Word and Excel.
- Experience in domestic and overseas production.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Quick learner, able to manage time and responsibilities independently.
- Competitive compensation package
- Health insurance
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
Back to top