Software Engineering Manager
WHO WE ARE
ContextMedia:Health improves health outcomes for patients, providers and life science companies. We provide technologies incorporating hardware, software and media content that educates, empowers and activates people living with a chronic condition to improve their quality of life. With presence in 25,000 healthcare practices nationally, we continue to scale 265% YOY and have been recognized by Forbes, Crain's and Inc for our culture, business growth and innovation.
We are a group of creative problem-solvers - with hustle and grit in our DNA - who fight until we win, and do so collaboratively. We believe in communication with transparency, purpose before self and ownership over outcomes.
WHO WE NEED
At ContextMedia, we own and operate thousands of media devices in physician practices nationwide - smart screens in waiting areas, tablets in the exam rooms, interactive digital wallboards and WiFi access points. We have designed a large-scale server/client platform to remotely manage thousands of Android tablets and Linux/Android media players, which facilitate real time communications, remote configuration, and a GUI player app for patients to view health content.
We are looking for someone who is able to lead a team of engineers, to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and be the champion of options and solutions. You should have the breadth of knowledge to lead development in several domains including Ruby on Rails backend development, Native Android development and Web development. You should have a deep technical understanding of web technologies and the willingness to learn new technologies on the go. We work hard, and we have fun. If you're hands on and obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship, then we want you to come join us.
- You have experience and expertise in the design and development of complex systems at scale
- You have experience in leading product development and launches
- You enjoy managing people to their fullest potential
- Have led teams of software engineers in the design, development, test, deployment and operation
- You have hired smart and motivated engineers and managers
- You are responsible for ensuring good architecture, operational excellence and quality
- You work closely with other teams to deliver features that require cross-team leadership
- Product team love you because you are a trusted partner, and delivery great results
- You are still technical, and can regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations
The Ideal Candidate Has
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent.
- 7-10+ years of experience building and managing development teams
- Extensive experience in leading the development of multi-tiered web applications on open source platforms utilizing Ruby on Rails , Android , SQL, JS Frameworks, REST, SOA.
- Experience Working on a small, fast moving, highly skilled team.
- Proven track record of successful and timely product delivery and of driving technical innovation.
- History of setting aggressive yet attainable goals, and motivating teams to achieve them.
- A focus on product and technology strategy.
- Proven expertise in Agile development techniques and deep knowledge of tools necessary to setup Agile teams.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Develops long-term strategies and influences leadership decisions
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing why you'd like to join the ContextMedia family.
Meet Some of Outcome Health (formerly ContextMedia)'s Employees
Client Success Manager
Brittni ensures that Outcome Health's programs run smoothly and efficiently so doctors can provide the information and education their patients need in order to make informed choices.
Back to top