WE ARE OUTCOME ACTIVATORS
We are a health-tech company on a mission to activate the best health outcome possible for every person in the world. We solve hard problems - healthcare is a fragmented industry and we’re transforming it by creating an ecosystem through our technology platform that brings together all the players to collectively improve patient outcomes. Our team is entrepreneurial and thrives in ambiguity with a strong commitment to scrappy excellence to drive patient impact. We empower every Outcome Activator to own their decisions and outcomes in service to the mission, while also contributing to a collaborative environment that’s communally competitive.
With hubs in Chicago and NYC, we've been growing 100% YoY and will impact half a billion patient visits in 2017, as physicians, life science companies and patients adopt our technology platform to make better health decisions during the most critical moments at the point-of-care. With 200,000 physicians already utilizing our portfolio of 5 current products at their practices, we still bring a fresh outlook to our pursuits with humble invincibility, whether you’re new to the family or have been hustling with us since the beginning.
Join our family to activate good in the world.
WHO ARE YOU
You are a technology architect with expertise in leading the implementation and design of software delivery platform standardizations, including infrastructure, architecture, methodology, process, and tool stack. You’ll work with all aspects of the product and platform development, including collaborating with hardware, media content and design engineering teams to build our end to end platform solutions.
You have a passion for approaching each and every challenge with a beginner’s mindset and thrive in a culture of innovation. Experience in the design planning of complex systems at scale while remaining technical enough to dive into code is necessary. You understand the importance in always thinking a year ahead of business goals when it comes to scalability, security and stability. You’re seeking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity. You want to build things that matter.
- At least 30% of time to be spent in hands-on development.
- Identification of technical debt. Resolution of performance and functional issues within the application architecture. Rebuilding of problem functionality.
- Creating technical proofs of concept that validate the applicability of proposed technology solutions to Outcome Health’s platform architecture.
- Owning the architecture, stability and scalability of the Outcome Health platform. This encompasses business services and platform agnostic (mobile & web) application endpoints.
- Establishing a technical backlog and the technology roadmap to align product teams across the organization.
- Setting technical direction for Platform teams, defining core development languages and tools.
- Mentoring and setting appropriate technical problems before Lead Individual Contributors.
- Embedding with teams as necessary to accelerate implementation of functionality.
- 5+ years in a Principal Developer/Architect role developing Enterprise-level applications is required.
- 10+ years of professional software development
- 5+ years developing application services using Java is required.
- 3+ years creating APIs as products is required. An intimate knowledge of RESTful protocols is assumed.
- 5+ years of working within AWS technologies to create cloud-based architecture is required
- Advanced degree (Phd/MSc) or equivalent industry experience is required.
- Experience creating or utilizing Service Oriented Architectures is required.
- Experience of event-driven architectures is required.
- Willingness to travel to NYC at least 25%
Behaviors and Abilities Required:
- Deeply understand product ‘verticals’ and identify solutions for them that are extensible past their immediate short term need.
- Skilled technologist, able to debate merits of applicable solutions to specific needs.
- Effective communicator and teacher, able to effect technological change through persuasion and collaboration.
- Technical evangelist within Outcome Health
- Empathise with the customer and design customer-oriented solutions
Meet Some of Outcome Health's Employees
Sam works hard to ensure that the executives he supports can use their time as effectively and as efficiently as possible.
Back to top