Leader, Customer Operations Engineering
WE ARE OUTCOME ACTIVATORS
We are a health-tech company on a mission to activate the best health outcome possible for every person in the world. We solve hard problems - healthcare is a fragmented industry and we’re transforming it by creating an ecosystem through our technology platform that brings together all the players to collectively improve patient outcomes. Our team is entrepreneurial and thrives in ambiguity with a strong commitment to scrappy excellence to drive patient impact. We empower every Outcome Activator to own their decisions and outcomes in service to the mission, while also contributing to a collaborative environment that’s communally competitive.
With hubs in Chicago and NYC, we've been growing 100% YoY and will impact half a billion patient visits in 2017, as physicians, life science companies and patients adopt our technology platform to make better health decisions during the most critical moments at the point-of-care. With 200,000 physicians already utilizing our portfolio of 5 current products at their practices, we still bring a fresh outlook to our pursuits with humble invincibility, whether you’re new to the family or have been hustling with us since the beginning.
Join our family to activate good in the world.
WHO ARE YOU
At Outcome Health, we own and operate thousands of media devices in physician practices nationwide - smart screens in waiting areas, tablets in the exam rooms, interactive digital wallboards and WiFi access points - all with the goal of patient education and improving patient outcomes. In support, Corporate Engineering has embarked on a major transformation journey that will enable the company to grow at an unprecedented pace. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience first - people love to use our stuff. We build and sustain our services through application of sound engineering and operational excellence disciplines, or simply put - our stuff doesn’t break.
We are seeking an action orientated self critical leader that operates with precision, high standards and excellent judgement. The ability to simplify complexity and create what does not yet exist is critical to our success. You should be a coach and mentor that will continually raise our talent bar and our contributions to the business. We are specifically looking for a builder (sw engineering mindset) to build highly scalable, easy to use platforms based on proven industry engineering and operational excellence best practices. This is an opportunity for an engineering leader to join us on the ground floor, figure out the details and scale the business 100X. You’ll have a blast!.
This leader will own multiple technology stacks such as Salesforce Service, Call Center Technology and Network Operations. We are specifically looking for a builder (sw engineering mindset) to build highly scalable, easy to use platforms based on proven industry engineering and operational excellence best practices.
- Exercise sound engineering judgement ensuring our services highly resilient, elastic with low latency and equally important, a beautiful user interface.
- Exercise excellent technical judgement when making decisions
- Obsess over customer experience. Our role is to drive maximum efficiency of the OH workforce by simplifying business complexity and automating repetitive work. Often it nets out to a relentless focus on the small things and holding ourselves to a high bar.
- Demand operational excellence, delivering maximum resiliency at minimal operating costs. We will fail, but when we do we know why and we take quick and decisive action to prevent a recurrence.
- Leverage solid cyber security principles such as encrypting sensitive data at rest
- Leading the company successfully through massive growth.
- Coach and mentor of a high performing team that lives out the company's values each and every day
- Define and implement the customer operations stack such as Salesforce Service, and fulfill other technical needs such as contact center / channel management
- Automate network operations such as automated security patching and instrumentation of service health that increases availability of our products.
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- We love technology. You need to love it too. We need a beginners mind that is continually learning new technologies and applying them to solving real business problems. You should be deep on engineering such as technical stacks and software design patterns. While we use third party software packages we’re not held hostage by them.
- Strong grasp and practical implementation of solid engineering excellence practices such as loosely coupled architectures, failure mode management and continuous integration.
- Strong grasp and practical implementation of solid operational excellence practices such as service instrumentation, reliability engineering and root cause analysis resulting in maximum uptime at lowest possible cost.
- 7+ years leading a software engineering team. Recent hands on coding experience is a good thing
- Experience with off the shelf software and custom build.
- Experience working on a small, fast moving, highly skilled team
- You get the right things done. Has a proven track record of successful and timely product delivery
- You are innovative, shunning the status quo. You have a track record of driving technical innovation
- History of solving complex problems with elegant design
- Hands-on solution architecture experience
- Focus on product and technology strategy
- Proven expertise in Agile development techniques and deep knowledge of tools necessary to set up Agile teams
- Experience in customer facing technology such as customer relationship management (CRM) and call center technologies such as Genesys is a plus.
Meet Some of Outcome Health's Employees
Sam works hard to ensure that the executives he supports can use their time as effectively and as efficiently as possible.
Back to top