We are Outbrain.
We’re one of the world’s largest content recommendation platforms, delighting audiences with engaging, personalized content recommendations while serving as the primary engagement partner and platform for the world’s top digital media companies.
The VP, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will serve as a key member of Outbrain’s Finance leadership team, report to the CFO, and be a valued business partner to members of the executive management team. He/she will facilitate Outbrain’s strategic planning efforts and provide analytical and business decision support to drive financial forecasts, operating plans and strategic goals across the business and other functions of the company. Candidates with the right experience can develop into a wider finance leadership role.
A day in the life:
- Create shareholder value by identifying opportunities and leading initiatives that improve Revenue, EBITDA and FCF
- Set a vision for executive level metrics and systems support that ensures we can track, measure and optimize our business, at scale, across our product, sales and finance teams
- Oversee and own revenue and departmental operating expense forecasting and business reporting for executive departmental leaders, the board and investors
- Lead annual budgeting and long-term strategic planning activities
- Translate and interpret our financial results into operational recommendations to improve and accelerate the business; perform ad hoc financial analysis to support key business decisions
- Partner with the Sales and Marketing team on our go-to-market sales modeling including coordinating on sales forecasts, consulting on sales commission plan design/cost, and advising on productivity metrics
- Provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions and other ad-hoc financial projects
- Manage a high performing global team of FP&A analysts/managers
What you'll bring:
- A highly metrics-driven individual with strong analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated track record in building and developing superior finance teams with best practices in a high-growth, high change environment
- Demonstrated leadership and deep experience covering FP&A on a global basis
- Outstanding financial leadership skills and expertise with an emphasis on translating financial insights into operational recommendations
- An excellent manager with experience in leading and mentoring direct reports and teams to ensure professional development and performance. Background in multicultural global teams
- Ability and willingness to be hands-on and dive into the details
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent MS-Office skills. Experience with Adaptive Insights is a plus
- Proven ability to partner across multiple business functions and influence decisions
- At least 10 years of experience as a finance professional. Prior ad-Tech / Marketing Tech / Media company a plus.
- Someone who takes ownership of their areas
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in a dynamic environment
- A self-starter who can succeed with minimal direction
- Someone who wants to make an impact and contribute to the success of a growing business experience
More than Snacks:
- Brand new NYC office in the Flatiron district with a flexible hybrid working model - *If you sit in the NYC area this role will be hybrid*
- Generous vacation package and unlimited sick days
- Become part of our success with our equity program
- World class healthcare options that are partially covered by Outbrain above benchmark (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401K Plan with Matching)
- Opportunities to join our mentorship program and inclusive Employee Resource Groups
- Full access to LinkedIn Learning and our in-house SmartBrain educational platform
- Global Onboarding Experience
*Only accepting EAST or CENTRAL time candidates*
We Recommend #LifeAtOutbrain
Our company culture is welcoming, dynamic, diverse, global, and built on top performance.
Did you know "trust" is one of our core values? We apply this value to our day-to-day by working collaboratively on a global scale. With managers and teammates often sitting in other countries and time zones, we value communication, patience, and open-mindedness to all cultural backgrounds. We encourage all ideas, and everyone gets a seat at the table!
Our team is made up of individuals who are approachable, resourceful, passionate, and proactive. We foster a sense of belonging through our Employee Resource Groups –employee-led groups in which we debate topics and drive change. From OB Green (environmental), OB WE (women empowerment), OB Good (charitable initiatives) to OB4E (diversity, equity, and inclusion), you’ll be able to share your passions with likeminded people.
Dive into the Outbrain experience via our Instagram account!