Senior IT Engineer
Outbrain is seeking a talented Senior IT Engineer, who loves technology and troubleshooting complex problems in a challenging environment, to become part of our global Information Technology team based out of our London office.
The IT Engineer will maintain server, network, and desktop infrastructure throughout Outbrain’s corporate locations in Europe. As the only IT enginner on the ground in Europe the successful candidate muct be a self-starter with the confidence and experience to provide day-to-day operational support, take ownership of all the IT services in our EU locations, lead strategic IT projects and interact with departments to identify and implement new technology solutions.
Your first six months will look like this:
- In your first few weeks you will be introduced the Outbrain’s IT Infrastructure and Tools, you will learn how to support the End Users, maintain the networking environment and collaborate with other team members across the department.
- You will work with Linux servers, Vidyo conferencing systems, learn how to automate common procedures and ensure high levels of security and availability.
- You will visit our EU offices to get to know the infrastructure and meet the relevant employees and managers of each region.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- BA/BS Degree (or equivalent experience)
- MAC laptops support experience/ Windows laptops/desktop support
- Vmware hypervisor, Netowrking and DNS/DCHP knowledge
- Should have 5-7 years of experience supporting Multi OS platforms
- Flexible, and can understand and overcome challenges head on
- Work with external vendors and suppliers, maintaining work contracts
- Have a Lan /Wan knowledge, security and Telecoms
- Know how to work with Server virtualization technologies (VMware)
- Be well organised and perform under pressure
- Have great “People Skills” and can work in collaboration with other team members
- ideally experience with firewalls, Linux/scripting, ITIL and Google Apps is desireable
- Travelling is expected between our EU locations.
Please submit your most recent resume and a cover letter.
Back to top