Senior Data Scientist
- Netanya, Israel
Outbrain is a leader in recommendation technologies for the open web. We recommend millions of articles and ads per second and we’re always on the lookout for passionate and innovative individuals who are looking to help drive the best discovery experience on the web.
Our team is developing machine learning algorithmic solutions that improve outcomes for our advertisers. It is part of Outbrain’s Recommendations Group - about 40 machine learners, data scientists and backend engineers who are responsible for everything that Outbrain recommends in its feeds and widgets. The team uses an interplay of Python, Java and Rust, in addition to Spark, Bigquery, and Tensorflow to form our ML and AutoML pipelines.
Your team’s responsibilities are:
- Understanding business goals of advertisers and exploring solutions to achieve them
- Algorithm research, development, evaluation, optimization for CPA and ROAS
- A/B testing and model deployment using fast development and deployment cycles
- Improvements of our ML pipeline and AutoML capabilities
Your personal responsibilities are:
- Identifying and deciding on promising research and development directions, balancing short term and long term goals
- Mentoring data-scientists and helping with their professional development
- Communication and coordination with product and business counterparts
Who you are:
- You have machine learning industry experience from AdTech, MarTech or online marketplaces
- BSc\MSc\PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Software, Information Systems Engineering or similar or equivalent industry experience
- Deep understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions, ML systems)
- Experience with deploying ML algorithms in an online production environment
- Experience in SQL.
- Experience in a scripting language (Python preferred).
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Recommender System, Conversion Optimization or AutoML - an advantage
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks - an advantage
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and great work/life balance.
- Working fully remotely due to COVID in the foreseeable future.
- Making a business and technical impact in a global company. The company is global, but at the same time small enough that a single person in this position can have a significant impact.
- Stay on top of applicative research in the field, visit conferences (online and on-site when they are back) and publish research
Back to top