Senior Credit Controller - Europe (London based)
Outbrain is seeking a fun loving individual to join a dynamic finance team based in the London office. The Senior Credit Controller will be responsible for managing the accounts receivable portfolio for Europe and ensure maintenance of its credit quality.
Reporting directly to the Senior Finance Manager with dotted line to VP, Treasury in New York, this represents a great opportunity to gain experience in many aspects of a finance department in a rapidly growing digital organisation. This individual will also manage a team of 2 Collectors based in London, who are both enthusiastic and fast learning in a field that is relatively new to them.
Outbrain provides a great environment and culture which includes weekly office lunches, social events, Outbrain softball team to name a few.
For this position, we are committed to finding an experienced Credit Controller who has a proven track record of reducing DSO, implementing or working with an effective credit policy in a fast growth environment, and to demonstrate they are a team player.
Your first year should look like this
In your first month, you will find your bearings and understand how Outbrain operates across the 5 European countries and its customer base. You will learn the Netsuite ERP system and Salesforce CRM tool, and understand our existing credit and collections policy whilst getting to know the teams you will manage and work with.
After 3 months, you will be confident in knowing the EU customer portfolio, reporting regularly on collection status, weekly cash collected, bad debts and other statistics as required. You will be a key point of contact with the sales organisation to discuss accounts that are delinquent and to work together to find solutions. You will continue the implementation of credit policies across the region, working closely with the Corporate team in New York.
After 6 months, you will have successfully reduced the level of bad debts, whilst co-ordinating any filings as related to insolvent customers. You will be involved with implementation of any future automated procedures within our systems and be responsible for audit queries as related to Accounts Receivable.
When you finish up your first year, you will be an essential part of the global credit and collections team, having improved processes and workflows in this field, and reduced DSO.
What you'll need to be successful
- At least 3 years' experience in a Credit Control role
- Proven results in reducing debtor days
- Experience in reviewing credit reports and setting credit limits
- Effective and sensitive communication skills, in particular with the sales organisation
- Proactive attitude – ability to take initiative to get things done
- Possess strong Microsoft Excel and IT skills
- Be motivated with an eye for process improvement
- Experience of working with advertising, marketing, or media agencies would be preferable
- Pan European experience would be preferable
- A second European language from one of the following countries would be very useful (French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- Some people management experience would also be useful
Rate of pay commensurate with experience
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Head of Industry, Financial Services
Caroline forges partnerships with insurance and financial brands and marketers nationwide on behalf of Outbrain to amplify advertising and enhance content exposure throughout the industry.
Back to top