Senior Algorithms Engineer-IL
Outbrain Inc., the Web’s leading content discovery platform, is seeking outstanding algorithmic R&D candidates for its Recommendation Group, the algorithmic core of a global service that reaches hundreds of millions of unique users per month, serving them tens of billions of content recommendations. Working out of Outbrain’s offices in Netanya, you will work on cutting-edge big data technology – and push it forward.
The position entails end-to-end development, from idea inception to production-grade code, of algorithms pertaining to predictive modeling, collaborative filtering, clustering and personalization, with a dose of statistics and mechanism design, aiming to recommend the best content for each user at the right time. At our scale, all algorithms must be designed upfront with ultra high serving throughput in mind.
We work in an extremely agile environment – fast development and deployment cycles enabling immediate feedback – to produce high performance, multithreaded, service-oriented software modules that make use of today’s leading Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Cassandra, Storm, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science / Statistics / Mathematics or closely related fields
- Proven industrial experience in developing algorithms in one or more of the following fields: machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, natural language processing and mechanism design
- Experience in software development in the industry, preferably in Java and/or Scala
- Experience in extracting knowledge from vast quantities of complex data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A relevant publication record is an advantage
- Familiarity with Big Data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, Storm, Spark) is an advantage
Back to top