Senior Algorithm Engineer
Outbrain is seeking an experienced Algorithm Engineer with strong background in prediction models and preferably recommendation systems. Our content discovery platform is guided by a single mission: to help people discover content that they can trust to be interesting, relevant and timely. Serving over a billion daily recommendations we are reaching hundreds of millions of users across a global list of premium media properties.
The nature of this position includes:
- Responsibility over algorithmic features from inception to production: including ideation & design, data-analysis, data-modeling, integration into production code followed by A/B testing & monitoring
- Engagement in highly relevant topics within the fast growing internet market-place, such as: Recommendation systems, internet-user personalization, UI/Feed Optimization, Real Time Bidding and Conversion Optimization
- Combining disciplines of: ML/DL algorithms, Big-Data processing/analysis and High-Scale Cloud programming
- Working in a highly agile, continuous delivery based environment, where new models are able to quickly reach extensive AB testing in production.
Python, Java, Scala, Tesnsor-Flow, Spark, Elastic-Search, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Docker
- MSc or PhD in CS preferably in the area of Machine Learning
- 3+ years of experience in building machine-learned models over large datasets and applying them to real-world problems
- Fluent in Python and familiar with its ML packages
- Solid knowledge in Java / Scala
- Significant experience in OOP in one of Python/Scala/Java/C#
- Knowledge in Recommendation models (strong advantage)
- Experience in Spark
- Industry Experience in Java development in a high scale environment
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Lauren P.Head of US Marketing
Lauren and her team work closely with the product marketing team to deliver a product’s message to consumers and publishers.
Back to top