Sales Director (Mid Market)
Outbrain is seeking a motivated Sales Director ready to make a difference in digital marketing. Entrepreneurially-spirited, this salesperson will be responsible for driving direct revenue by leveraging the industry’s leading content recommendations solutions for mid-market clients and performance marketers in the Eastern U.S. Our team is made up of individuals who are resourceful, bright, and proactive, and who work well both independently and as part of a fast-growing team.
For this position we are committed to finding a consultative dealmaker with the ability to manage existing accounts, source new clients and build a revenue pipeline, turning prospects into partners.
Your first year should look like this:
- In your first month, you should find your bearings, do a deep dive into the Outbrain product, and start to build key internal and external relationships
- After three months, you will be an expert in content marketing and you’ll have mastered our positioning within the digital landscape. You’ll be able to confidently and effectively deliver our pitch, will have already completed a number of in person client meetings and you’ll have a ton of new in person meetings scheduled.
- After six months, you will have successfully closed an abundance of new business, and you’ve significantly grown a number of key existing accounts
- When you finish up your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the East Coast sales team, having substantially increased Outbrain’s market penetration within the performance marketing and direct response segment.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You’re not a fan of display ads, and are passionate about educating brands on a more effective way to engage with their target audience online with content marketing
- You read up on digital marketing in your downtime, and know the landscape like the back of your hand (or something you know really, really well)
- You understand how to think consultatively, and can sell our multiple solutions without confusing the overall product messaging
- You are not satisfied unless you are actively hunting and closing new business.
- You’re more interested in mid-market accounts than the big guys (fortune 500 companies, premium brands) and have already made your mark selling to that segment in previous positions
- Account managers are your best friends- you thrive off collaboration
- You’re flexible, and don’t mind hopping on a plane for a last minute meeting or conference
- Excel doesn’t make you sweat- analyzing campaign analytics and metrics will come naturally
Back to top