Sales Director (Los Angeles)
Outbrain is seeking a results-driven Sales Director ready to make a difference in digital marketing. Entrepreneurially-spirited, this salesperson will be responsible for driving revenue from major advertising agencies throughout the west coast by leveraging the industry’s leading content recommendations and native advertising solutions. Our West Coast clients range from agencies including those from IPG, Omnicom, Publicis and Dentsu representing brands like Wells Fargo, Mazda, Microsoft, Qualcomm, and Paramount.
For this position, we are committed to finding a consultative dealmaker with the ability to manage existing advertisers, source new accounts and build a revenue pipeline, turning prospects into partners. If you want to join a sales and business development team of creative, passionate people who are pushing the evolution of content marketing and native advertising, then we want to talk with you.
We provide a casual, fun, fast-paced culture that is built on top performance. Candidates should be energetic self-starters who are prepared to create new business opportunities in a dynamic environment. Our team is made up of individuals who are resourceful, bright, and proactive, and who work well both independently and as part of a fast-growing team. This role can be based in either San Francisco or Los Angeles.
- Source, pursue and close deals with major advertising agencies that are in-line with the company’s goals and capabilities.
- Prospect new business, make in-person presentations to clients, build relationships and negotiate contracts
- Manage a growing pipeline and accurately forecast new business closure rate and revenue booked
- Work closely with sales management to consistently achieve and exceed revenue goals, as well as to identify emerging trends in the marketplace
- Liaise with Client Services/Account Managers to effectively manage client expectations and ensure successful campaigns and installations
- Travel as needed to attend industry events and meet with partners
- Provide key requirements to our technical and product management teams to continually increase our value proposition to partners
- Sell multiple solutions to a given customer without confusing overall product messaging
- 5+ years of experience in digital sales
- Strong contacts at top brands, agencies, and publishers in the San Francisco and/or Los Angeles market
- Excellent in-person presentation skills and a background in relationship-building
- Ability to independently build a large pipeline of outbound leads, pursue and close
- Solid understanding of digital marketing trends and ability to explain product benefits in detail
- Experience in structuring and negotiating deals in the digital media space
- Strong analytics skills necessary to monitor and identify campaign performance trends in data and generated reports
- Experience in digital media is a must, and experience in native advertising/content marketing is a plus
- BA/BS degree
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Lior oversees every aspect of Outbrain products that go to market. From the initial concept to the development of the project to its final release, Lior makes sure that every product feature is in tune with Outbrain's audience.
Back to top