The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for monthly revenue accounting and billing activities, which includes all processes and procedures required to facilitate accurately and timely invoicing and recognition of revenue within our various global business lines. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of US GAAP and also be interested to learn more complex areas involving revenue recognition and implementing processes within a global organization. Reports to Sr. Manager, Global Revenue Accounting.
- Timely perform month-end closing/account reconciliations with respect to Revenue Recognition and as well as related accounts.
- Reconcile monthly customer invoices and to ensure that clients are billed timely and accurately.
- Work closely with sales and account strategy teams to achieve timely completion of monthly close activities.
- Support Accounting Manager in performing monthly publisher payment calculations and reconciliations.
- Prepare reconciliations and analyses for Senior Management as part of monthly and quarterly financial close.
- On an ongoing basis, assess the effectiveness and efficiency of processes around the order-to-cash process. Responsible for ensuring an adequate internal control environment as related to the order-to-cash process.
- Represent accounting on cross-functional project teams.
- Support external audit requests as needed.
- Participate in Ad Hoc projects, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required; CPA preferred
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) compliance.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and positive attitude!
- Highly detail oriented with proven ability in basic financial analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Head of Industry, Financial Services
Caroline forges partnerships with insurance and financial brands and marketers nationwide on behalf of Outbrain to amplify advertising and enhance content exposure throughout the industry.
Back to top