Publisher Development Manager - based Oxford Street
Outbrain is seeking a highly motivated, passionate and organised Business Development Manager to expand the distribution of our content recommendation platform and other key products, to additional publisher and media sites in Northern Europe (UK & Ireland). We already work with clients that include Telegraph, Guardian, Sky, BBC Worldwide, BBC News, CNN, NewsUK, ESPN, Haymarket and Time Inc.
If you are interested in joining a group of accomplished, passionate people pushing the edge on content marketing, widgets and online publishing – and think the concept of content discovery is as important as we do for the future of the internet- then we want to talk to you. As with any Outbrain employee, we’re looking for someone who is resourceful, bright, proactive, a go-getter, works well independently and as part of a team, and who will be passionate about what she or he does.
Outbrain provides a fun, fast-paced, hard working culture, built on top performance. We offer a competitive package, including basic salary, performance related bonus, private healthcare, contributory pension, gym subsidy, unlimited snacks and some free lunches!
Your first year should look like this:
In your first month, you should find your bearings, get to know your team and your clients, do a deep dive into our Engage tools and train on them and start to build key relationships with other teams in Outbrain.
After three months, you’ll have mastered our technology and tools as well as building great relationships and trust with the wider Business Development team, the Account Management team and your client base.
By the end of your first year, you’ll have become an integral member of the publisher team, be a trusted source of advice and analytics to your clients and will be able to confidently pitch Outbrain’s solutions into customers you identify as prospects.
- Independently build a large pipeline of outbound leads. Pursue and close.
- Work to secure long term contract renewal of existing partners ahead of when contracts are set to end
- Sell multiple products to a given customer by weaving through large organisations to find the right stakeholders for each product without confusing overall product messaging
- Work closely with the Head of Business Development to consistently achieve and exceed revenue goals.
- Liaise with Account Managers to effectively listen to client needs, manage client expectations and ensure successful, sustainable implementation of our technology
- Pipeline management; accurately forecast new business closure rate and revenue booked
- Provide input to product management teams on features that would provide partners additional value; understand details of product roadmap
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience of working in the UK media industry and understand the UK publisher eco-system
- Solid understanding of digital technologies/site monetisation and ability to explain product benefits in detail
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation and sales skills. Excellent relationship building abilities and experience in contract negotiations
- Experience selling products to online publishers a significant plus
- Experience in structuring and negotiating deals for a digital company or deals where an online component and revenue was central
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify trends in data and in generated reports
- Minimum three years digital experience
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Lior oversees every aspect of Outbrain products that go to market. From the initial concept to the development of the project to its final release, Lior makes sure that every product feature is in tune with Outbrain's audience.
Back to top