Marketing Manager - Spain & Italy
This is a new and unique opportunity for a an experienced Content Writer to join our Madrid office (though a Milan base might be considered). Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager for Southern Europe and working closely with both the European and global marketing teams, you will be responsible for creating compelling content to engage our customers and the marketing community, identifying local marketing and PR opportunities, supporting the southern Europe management teams and making sure every message delivered adheres to the brand “tone of voice”.
For this position we are committed to finding someone with both prior experience in creative writing/copywriting and a passion for marketing, who will work proactively to assist stakeholders in the business to deliver a compelling ‘on brand’ message and thought-leadership that will engage our broad audience. The role will also entail broader marketing and PR responsibilities as defined below:
- To create and curate engaging, informative and brand relevant content in Spanish & Italian
- To write and provide copy for all areas of Marketing (PR, Social, Sales and all other multi-channel) as well as supporting the internal teams with requested business communications
- To oversee the Spanish & Italian social channels in line with the global social media strategy
- Work with the EU Marketing team as well as the Southern Europe management team based in Italy, Spain and France to ensure all content is fit for purpose – be it engaging, attention grabbing, informative or a call to action
- Maintain an expert awareness of the Spanish and Italian markets, staying up to date with technology, content marketing, competitor activity and advertising & marketing trends
- Proof reading documents for other departments, and ensuring the intended message fits with the brand
- Conduct read-throughs and sense checks of website pages and marketing campaigns
- Supporting the business in determining the messages our customers want to hear and ensuring all content is aligned to customer insight
- Support with the strategy, content creation and event management of client events
- Manage the localisation of global marketing & sales materials for the Spanish & Italian markets
- Identify key industry events, manage Outbrain’s presence and source speaking opportunities
- Drive local marketing activities
Your first year should look like this:
- In your first month, you should find your bearings, do a deep dive into the Outbrain products as well as Outbrain as a brand and start identifying the main priorities align with the defined strategy.
- After three months, you will have a clear view of the Content Discovery and Content Marketing space in Italy & Spain. You’ll be able to write content and identify the best way to deliver the Global and European marketing strategy locally. You’ll be fully aware of the local challenges in Spain and Italy.
- After six months, you will have successfully written pieces supporting Outbrain’s presence locally, managed some owned and industry events, identified any gaps where you can further support the sales organisation and helped Outbrain strengthen it’s leadership in both Spain and Italy.
- When you finish up your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the European marketing team, having substantially increased Outbrain’s presence and leadership position, identified new opportunities for marketing to invest in, as well as built relationships with the key stakeholders within the region.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You’re a Spanish or Italian native speaker with the ability to write perfectly in both languages. You have a strong working knowledge of English and are able to participate in global meetings and fully understand English language marketing collateral.
- You’re preferably educated to degree level in English, Marketing, Journalism or other relevant discipline or equivalent working experience in a similar role.
- You understand digital technologies, trends and the potential of content marketing.
- You can demonstrate a track record in writing for digital media channels
- You have the ability to adapt writing style to target diverse audience segments
- You have extensive communication skills both written and verbal
- You’re organised and have the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- You’re not afraid of uncertainty and are able to move and adapt quickly, mobilising internal and external resources.
- You ideally have prior experience in marketing and event management would be an advantage.
- You’re comfortable working in a multilingual global environment.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: Depending on experiences and qualifications
- Start-up working environment
- Some free lunches & loads of free snacks
- The position may require some travel, mostly in Italy/Spain, France and the UK.
Back to top