Marketing Manager - Japan
Outbrain is seeking a Marketing Manager with experience in digital marketing and PR.
This is a varied role, working in a small team, in a deadline-driven environment. You will need to have experience working in a similar environment in the Marketing/Publishing space. As part of one of the fastest-growing teams in Outbrain, the Marketing Manager will report to the Head of Marketing APAC, supporting our business in Japan.
Based in Tokyo, you will be responsible for handling the day-to-day marketing and sales enablement activities and overall marketing outcomes, which includes (but is not limited to) driving awareness and education, conducting demand generation activities to support sales targets and championing thought leadership to establish Outbrain as a leader in its space. Experience and understanding of the Japanese digital advertising markets is essential.
As with all Outbrain employees, we’re looking for someone who can embody the company values and wants to be part of an innovative, ambitious and technology driven, international company within an emerging, challenging and fast-paced market. The ideal candidate needs to be passionate, be self-driven and independent, and be up for a challenge.
Key Responsibilities -
- Increase brand recognition, advocacy and affinity by planning, developing and implementing marketing and PR strategies
- Managing day-to-day PR & Communications efforts in the region
- Writing and proofreading content
- Deliver the Outbrain story by overseeing creation and delivery of sales collaterals and other marketing materials
- Executing owned events to educate market
- Localize our brand presence by developing and updating sales and product materials in line with company and product messaging
- Drive demand generation to support sales targets and objectives by maintaining & updating customer database
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns online/offline to drive new leads and create awareness
- Measuring and reporting performance of lead generation campaigns and assessing against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Managing the production of marketing materials, including brochures, PPT, flyers, newsletters and executing their distribution
- Providing a better understanding of the market by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends, including monitoring competitors’ activity
- Establish Outbrain as thought leader in the market by sourcing & securing speaking opportunities and sponsorships at key events
- Managing vendors, track spending and budgets
- Minimum 5 years of proven work experience in marketing and PR
- Experience in developing and executing integrated lead generation, upsell and retention campaigns
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing PR and digital marketing
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Content writing experience is a PLUS
- Knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) and HTML a PLUS
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Native speaker of Japanese with 3+ years of marketing and publishing experience in Japan
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Lior oversees every aspect of Outbrain products that go to market. From the initial concept to the development of the project to its final release, Lior makes sure that every product feature is in tune with Outbrain's audience.
Back to top