Marketing Manager ANZ
Outbrain is looking for a hands-on Marketing professional, with about 5-7 years of work experience, who’s looking to move up to the next level in their career into an entry/mid-level management position.
This is a varied role, working as part of a small team, in a deadline-driven environment, you will need to have experience working in a similar set-up in the Marketing / Publishing space. Reporting into the Head of Marketing APAC, the Marketing Manager will have responsibility for the Australia & New Zealand markets (one of the fastest-growing teams in the organization.)
Based out of Sydney, you will work closely with the teams in Australia and New Zealand and be responsible for handling the day-to-day marketing and sales enablement activities and overall marketing outcomes, including (but not limited to): driving awareness and education; conducting demand generation activities to support sales targets; championing thought leadership to establish Outbrain as a leader in its space. Experience and understanding of the Australia & New Zealand markets is essential.
As with all Outbrain employees, we’re looking for someone who can embody the company values and wants to be part of an innovative, ambitious and technology driven international company within an emerging, challenging and fast-paced market. The ideal candidate needs to be passionate, self-driven and independent, and up for a challenge!
Key Responsibilities -
Increase brand recognition, advocacy and affinity by:
- Managing day-to-day PR & Comms efforts in the region
- Writing and proofreading content
- Delivering the Outbrain story by overseeing creation and delivery of sales collaterals and other marketing materials
- Executing owned events to educate the market
- Localising our brand presence by developing and updating sales and product materials in line with company and product messaging
Drive demand generation to support sales targets and objectives by:
- Maintaining & updating customer database
- Executing acquisition campaigns online/offline
- Managing the production of marketing materials, including brochures, PPT, flyers, newsletters and executing their distribution
- Providing a better understanding of the market by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
Establish Outbrain as a thought leader in the market by:
- Sourcing & securing speaking opportunities and sponsorships at key events
- Leveraging internal and external data to tell the Outbrain story
- Monitoring competitors’ activity
- Managing vendors, PR agencies, track spending and budgets
- Liaising with designers & printers
Your first year should look like this:
In your first month, you should find your bearings, do a deep dive into the Outbrain product, including the technical aspects of it and start to build key internal and external relationships.
After three to six months, you will be leading the day-to-day marketing activities, actively working with the international marketing team and understanding the needs of your local teams.
In six to twelve months, you will have made an impact on Outbrain’s marketing performance, contributing towards our targets and be an essential part of the team, with solid cross-functional relationships. You will continue to leverage your knowledge and collaborate successfully with the rest of the organisation.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience in a related field or agency account management experience
- Strong analytical, reporting and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills, time management, presentation, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Good relationships with trade media locally a big plus
- Proven 360-degree experience in developing and executing marketing plans to meet organizational objectives
- Experience in developing and executing integrated lead generation, upsell, and retention campaigns
- BA / BS in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
Back to top