Junior Sales Manager - North Germany, based Munich
Outbrain is the leading content discovery platform that powers personalised recommendations to content at the bottom of article pages on most of the leading online publisher websites. In Germany, we are working with Axel Springer, Burda, Tomorrow Focus, IDG, Handelsblatt, Condé Nast and many other premium publishers. Working for Outbrain, you would sell our content recommendation solution directly into brands and their agencies. Outbrain is already helping the likes of Adidas, Audi, BMW, P&G, Porsche, L´Oreal, Red Bull, Samsung, Volkswagen, Zalando and many others, to drive engagement with their owned content as well as amplify their positive earned media.
Creative, passionate, resourceful, bright, proactive, motivated, team player are just some of the attributes that make you an ideal Outbrainer. You must be a strong dealmaker with the ability to source and build a revenue pipeline and move prospects consistently through to closing.
Outbrain provides a fun, fast-paced, hard working culture, built on top performance. We offer a competitive package, including basic salary, performance related commission & equity
Your first year should look like this:
- In your first month, you should find your bearings, do a deep dive into the Outbrain product and start to build key internal and external relationships
- After three months, you will be an expert in content marketing and you’ll have mastered our positioning within the digital landscape. You’ll be able to confidently and effectively deliver our pitch, will have already completed a number of in person client meetings and you’ll have a ton of new in person meetings scheduled.
- After six months, you will have successfully closed an abundance of new brand and agency business as well have significantly grown a number of existing key accounts
- When you finish up your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the D/A/CH sales team, having substantially increased Outbrain’s market penetration with the key brand and agencies within the region.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Some digital experience (maybe an internship), ideally selling a solution into brands direct and/or agencies
- A passion for educating brands on a more effective way to engage with their target audience online with content marketing
- You read up on digital marketing in your downtime
- You understand how to think consultatively and can sell our multiple solutions without confusing the overall product messaging
- You are not satisfied unless you are actively hunting and closing new business – like picking up the phone or using other smart acquisition tactics
- Account managers are your best friends – you thrive off collaboration
- You’re flexible and don’t mind hopping on a train or plane for a last minute meeting or conference
- Excel and powerpoint doesn’t make you sweat- analyzing campaign analytics and metrics will come naturally
- Comfortable communicating & presenting fluently in German and English
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Lior oversees every aspect of Outbrain products that go to market. From the initial concept to the development of the project to its final release, Lior makes sure that every product feature is in tune with Outbrain's audience.
Back to top