Junior Business Analyst
Jr. Business Analyst (Engage)
Outbrain is seeking a highly-motivated Junior Business Analyst ready to make a difference in bringing insights and a broad need for data to the business.
The Business Analytics team supports the global business on both the Amplify (brand and agency campaigns) as well as Engage (publisher).
This is a unique opportunity to build a career in Business Analytics working in a dynamic global technology company and gain visibility of your work across all levels of management.
For this role, we are committed to finding a highly analytical data analysis expert, who is passionate about Business issues with an ability to communicate findings clearly at any level of the Business.
This is an opportunity to work on cutting-edge innovative analysis, and utilizing data to aid business decisions with business units such as Account Management, Sales, Business Development and Senior Management.
- Working on deeper insights and analysis to help decide next steps and course of action for both Amplify and Engage customers as well as our Business teams
- Conceptualizing, building and automating internal facing dashboards and reports, reflecting the performance and activities of the business against its main KPIs
- Working with our international BI teams in New York and Israel to share knowledge, data, insights and best practice.
- Working closely with the Account Management teams to create and automate client-facing reports or account reviews
Your first year should look like this:
- In your first month, you should find your bearings, do a deep dive into the Outbrain product, data infrastructure, and systems, and start getting experience on the role by supporting and shadowing other analysts
- After three months, you will be comfortable with our data infrastructure and have a good knowledge of what piece of data is needed to answer each specific request, and how to access and package this data.
- You will also start having a strong understanding of the Business and will be able to work independently on most day to day ad-hoc requests.
- After six months, you will be an expert on both the data and business sides of the role.
- You will be a go-to person to help analyze Campaign or Business performance and will be owning longer-term projects to help define and give visibility on Business performance.
- When you finish up your first year, you be an essential part of the Business Analysis team, having substantially increased and improved the teams output and processes
- 1 years+ of professional experience as a data/business analyst with a familiarity with typical tools of the trade in analysis and reporting.
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills coupled with strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong SQL knowledge; Previous experience using SQL in a professional environment is a must
- Python is a major plus
- Previous Tableau dashboard building is a plus
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- An educational background in a quantitative/statistical field.
- Ambitious self-starter, able to and enjoys working independently and finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to communicate well both with infrastructure and data teams, and business teams or management.
- Fast learner & ability to learn new technologies and business matters.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Outbrain is the brains-and technology-behind those recommendations that can be seen throughout online articles, helping people digitally discover the content most interesting to them. Headquartered in New York City, with a global presence across 16 offices, Outbrain was founded to narrate the web. Top publishers-including CNN, Fox News, and ESPN-utilize Outbrain's technology to redefine their digital landscapes, while top marketers utilize the platform to interact with untapped audiences. Outbrain currently serves more than 275 billion monthly recommendations to readers, and is paving the way in native advertising innovations. Interested in discovering what's next for your career at Outbrain?
Back to top