We are seeking an energetic Jr. Accountant for our US- Corporate Finance team. Our corporate finance team is responsible for the global accounting and reporting of Outbrain across various international locations. You will play a key role in ensuring the maintenance and integrity of certain account ledgers with a heavy focus on the End of Month/Quarter/Year-end process.
You will report directly to the Corporate Accounting Manager, which represents a great opportunity to gain experience in many aspects of a finance department in a rapidly growing digital organisation.
The successful applicant will be able to fulfil the following tasks:
- General accounting - GL maintenance, reconciliations, monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes, bank reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting information for Outbrain budget owners, Management and Finance executive team
- Assist in the analysis of variances for specific balances such as Professional services fees, Licenses & Apps, Patents and other key accounts, including valuable finance insight and storytelling to key stakeholders
- Managing different accounting or budgeting processes and ensuring proper accruals
- Support local auditors
- Handling other ad hoc tasks within finance when required
- Grow within a finance organization moving to become a leader in the digital area
- Embrace change and system automation allowing scalability and adding value and strategic insight to the business
- Excellent Collaborator
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and liaise across multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) to achieve objectives
- A great communicator who can respond quickly in a fast-moving environment, with all levels including management and external parties
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and planning ability
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to handle changing circumstances when necessary
- Self-motivation with an interest in understanding how tasks, processes (and to some extend systems) relate to the overall running and management of the business
- A proactive attitude with the aptitude to take initiative to get things done
- Able to anticipate
- Technology savvy
To be successful, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Preferences for experience in auditing, CPA, CPA candidates or fast growing Hi-Tech companies and US GAAP knowledge
- Attention to detail and ability to take ownership of work and bring to completion
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and ideally NetSuite and Adaptive
- Fluency in English
- Hebrew, Slovenian, and Portuguese are a plus
Outbrain is the brains-and technology-behind those recommendations that can be seen throughout online articles, helping people digitally discover the content most interesting to them. Headquartered in New York City, with a global presence across 16 offices, Outbrain was founded to narrate the web. Top publishers-including CNN, Fox News, and ESPN-utilize Outbrain's technology to redefine their digital landscapes, while top marketers utilize the platform to interact with untapped audiences. Outbrain currently serves more than 308 billion monthly recommendations to readers, and is paving the way in native advertising innovations.
The brainy culture that ignites the halls of Outbrain has even been industry-recognized and awarded 'Best Tech Work Culture' in 2018 byTech In Motion.
Interested in discovering what's next for your career at Outbrain?
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Head of Brand & Agency Sales East
Caroline helps marketers elevate their brands through native advertising, fostering partnerships with top brands and agencies, while ensuring their content assets are visible to the most engaged audiences in the most premium environments.
Back to top