Java Backend Engineer
Outbrain is the world's leading, content recommendation platform, connecting audiences to the content they love through our relationships with some of the largest media companies in the world. The company currently serves approx. 250 billion personalized content recommendations every month and reaches over 2 billion unique visitors from across the globe. Our expansion to some of the web's largest global properties is a reflection of its rapid growth and its successful innovations in supporting a new era of digital publishing. Top-tier premium publications that currently leverage the Outbrain platform include: ESPN, CNN, Le Monde, Fox News, The Guardian, Slate, The Telegraph, New York Post, and Time Inc.
The Product You will be involved with:
Outbrain is establishing a new team which will be responsible for the development of a new service that will programmatically interface APIs (custom and leveraging the Native RTB standard) of leading content distribution networks, such as Yahoo/Twitter/Facebook in real-time. This exciting new service will help marketers around the world to distribute their content beyond the Outbrain's network to maximize their investment.
We are looking for a Java/Scala backend engineer who's ready to accept the challenges of working in an extremely agile environment, and is ready to join our new team that writes code from scratch while using today's leading technologies.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in Java/Scala programming
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures
- Experience with Sql and NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience with Continuous deployment methodology and microservices is a plus
- Experiences in MapReduce programming on open source frameworks such as Spark and/or Hadoop is a plus
- Experiences in realtime computation system such as Storm or Spark Streaming is a plus
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Head of Industry, Financial Services
Caroline forges partnerships with insurance and financial brands and marketers nationwide on behalf of Outbrain to amplify advertising and enhance content exposure throughout the industry.
Back to top