IT Networking and Security Engineer
Outbrain is seeking a talented IT Networking and Security Engineer who loves technology and troubleshooting complex problems in a challenging environment, to work in the Information Technology team at our New York City office.
● Act as a liaison between the Information Technology Team (IT) and the Information Security (InfoSec team).
● Develop and implement security best practices and procedures in alignment with the Security team.
● Architect and maintain the global network infrastructure (working in parallel with regional focal points)
● Lead security and network-related IT projects globally.
● Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
● Review systems implemented by other members of the team to ensure proper security standards.
● Provide escalation support for security related issues.
● 8+ Years experience as a system administrator, network engineer, and/or security manager/engineer with
experience with Linux, Macintosh, and Windows systems (in sequential order).
● Strong understanding of all areas in an IT environment
● Experience managing cloud infrastructure is a MUST
● Advanced understanding of network technologies, routing, firewalls, and VPN from vendors such as Juniper,
Fortigate, Cisco, Brocade, Force10, etc.
● Proven experience in leading IT and Security projects
● Versed in multiple authentication technologies (e.g. 2-factor authentication, LDAP, RADIUS, SAML, 802.1x,
NAC Systems, etc)
● Knowledgeable in current security threats, vulnerabilities, trends, attack patterns, and mitigations
● Understanding of common services (web, mail), protocols (SSH, DNS, IPSEC, BGP) and hybrid architectures
(on-premise & cloud)
● Basic scripting/developing skills
Work Experience Requirements
● Has the "can do" attitude not the "must do"
● Proven organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignment simultaneously
● Mental acumen to identify and remediate security exploits (escalating to senior management when
● Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with multiple partners,
which include levels of management and external vendors.
● Risk management capabilities including security assessment experience
● Ability to present high level presentations to management
● Application security skills and experience
● A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science, information security, information
systems, engineering, or other related discipline is required.
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Head of Industry, Financial Services
Caroline forges partnerships with insurance and financial brands and marketers nationwide on behalf of Outbrain to amplify advertising and enhance content exposure throughout the industry.
Back to top