Inside Sales Executive - Based Oxford Street
Outbrain's UK brand business works with clients ranging from Top 500 businesses to SMBs, including Booking.com, Uber, HSBC, Lastminute.com, Capital One, Hargreaves Lansdown and Hello Fresh. Many are using marketing as a means to generate high value actions such as leads and sales, as well as high quality traffic to generate brand awareness and consideration. We are now looking to develop our Market Development process to build on the success we are seeing across our brand direct business.
We are seeking an energetic and driven, fast learner with a keen eye for details and organisational ability. The role as Market Development Representative is a great opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark on establishing a successful approach to both generating leads as well as handling incoming leads. There will also be room to develop your own sales experience as, once established in your role, you will also get the opportunity to see prospective clients through from lead to closed deal. Previous experience, perhaps from a previous internship in a technology company working with sales or market development, will come in handy, as well as a keen and creative approach and a passion for having real impact on how things are done.
Outbrain provides a fun, fast-paced, hard working culture, built on top performance. We offer a competitive package, including basic salary, performance related bonus, private healthcare, travel, gym subsidy and some free lunches!
A blend of both the outreach and account management aspects of sales, the successful applicant for this role will be able to onboard new performance clients and then work with them proactively to ensure they hit their conversion goals to become a long-term client of Outbrain. The successful applicant will be expected to develop and manage the Brand Direct MDR programme at Outbrain, including
- Monitoring, qualifying and managing inbound leads
- Design and implement processes to improve inbound lead management for best possible client experience
- Formulating and planning outreach programmes together with Sales Director
- Executing outreach programmes, including building collateral, researching prospects and building target lists as well as outreach.
- Evaluating and adjusting strategy when required, presenting results back to immediate team as well as executive team
- Managing CRM systems, including Salesforce and Yesware
- Collaborate with your US counterparts for market insights, best practices and processes.
Mid Tier Client Sales
- Responsibility for the sales process for appropriate clients, from cold outreach as well as inbound lead through to closing.
- This would include primarily call based sales pitches, developing proposals and handling administration to ensure a great client experience.
- Collaborating with Account Management for insights into campaign strategy to support a consultative client sales process.
- Collaborating with Account Management for successful onboarding of clients
- Continuously update and develop your understanding of digital marketing, common client campaign objectives for specific verticals and how Outbrain's offering and capabilities can help them deliver on those.
Your first year would look like this:
In your first month, you should find your bearings, get to know your direct and wider team and learn how to use our Amplify marketer platform. To sell our solution you need to feel comfortable using it yourself. Don't worry – we will give you plenty of training to get up to speed on this. You'll familiarise yourself with who our clients are and what type of marketer objectives Outbrain delivers on. You will also be spending time with the team director and your US counterparts mapping out what the MDR program should look like. Your ideas and input will be important!
After three months, you'll have mastered our solution and tools, and will be under the hood and full speed ahead with different market development initiatives. You will also have started taking responsibility for the full sales process for appropriate mid-tier clients, supported by the Sales Director.
By the end of your first year, you'll be an essential part of the UK brand team and the wider UK team, having made a significant impact on the number of new business we've won and the revenue targets achieved. You will have the MDR process nailed down, and be able to share learnings with other developing markets.
To be successful, you will:
- Perhaps have done an internship or a starter role in Market Development/Sales, Support/Inside Sales and/or Account Management, but feel like you are ready to take on more responsibility and ownership of new customer growth. We are looking for a person with the right attitude, drive and overall approach rather than just someone having logged the years of experience.
- Have a driven and entrepreneurial approach to making a mark on the development and success of this role as well as the brand direct team as a whole, supporting revenue generation and new client growth.
- Be motivated by achieving team revenue goals as well as your own new business targets
- Be organised and able to multitask – this role is partly about managing lead generation programmes as well as developing efficient processes to help achieve set goals.
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Have a strong customer focus
- Be a problem solver and not easily discouraged
- Thrive in a fast paced environment where collaboration is key
- Be an analytical thinker with the ability to identify trends & common patterns
Nice to have:
- Experience using a CRM, specifically Salesforce
- Experience using prospecting tools such as Linkedin
- Digital marketing experience
- Experience closing inbound marketing leads – taking a client from first interaction through to closed deal.
- Excel and analytics platform (such as Tableau) experience
- An understanding of the digital marketing landscape
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, along with their CV, explaining their motivations for applying.
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Head of Industry, Financial Services
Caroline forges partnerships with insurance and financial brands and marketers nationwide on behalf of Outbrain to amplify advertising and enhance content exposure throughout the industry.
Back to top