Outbrain is the world’s largest content discovery platform, bringing personalised, relevant online, mobile and video content to audiences while helping publishers understand their audiences through data. Outbrain serves over 190 billion personalised content recommendations every month and reaches over 561 million unique visitors from across the globe.
Outbrain’s expansion to some of the web’s largest global properties is a reflection of its rapid growth and its successful innovations in supporting a new era of digital publishing. Top-tier premium publications that currently leverage the Outbrain platform include: CNN, ESPN, Le Monde, Fox News, The Guardian, Slate, The Telegraph, New York Post, Times of India and Sky News.
Founded in 2006, the company is headquartered in New York with a presence in a growing number of locations globally, including the U.S., U.K., Israel, Singapore, Japan and Australia.
For more information, visit us at outbrain.com or contact us at [email protected]
Don’t forget to check out our other social channels!
We’re looking for an experienced HR Generalist with a passion for transformative technology and the digital media space to support the growing operations of Outbrain US. Your role will span all US offices and areas of Human Resources: employee relations, benefits, recruiting, onboarding, performance management and other projects as needed.
You will help us continue to transform the way Outbrain reaches our business objectives by ensuring that all employees are as engaged, involved, and motivated as possible.
Your first year will look like this:
- Oversee all HR-related programming that makes Outbrain US an amazing place to work; promoting our strong culture and values is a big focus of this role.
- Manage all HR functions for our growing team in Sao Paulo, Brazil (including a visit there once a year).
- Partner with management to resolve employee relations issues, providing coaching and counseling to managers and employees where needed.
- In partnership with the recruiting team, help recruit, source, and select internal and external candidates for open positions.
- Work closely with the US Payroll lead on overseeing payroll and benefits for the region, including open enrollment.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state legal requirements in relation to benefits, work authorization and leaves.
- Develop, plan, and implement events and perks across the US offices aimed such as volunteer and social events.
- Support and/or lead other initiatives with a focus on continuous improvement. Ex: the performance review process, learning and development on manager and skills based trainings, off-boarding and exit interviews, etc.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You’ll be expected to work independently both on searches and in resolving issues between and among employees. Experiences and capabilities gained during a minimum of four years of experience within a human resources team will allow you to proactively identify solutions.
- A strong process focus and attention to detail will ensure that employee information is spotless and organized.
- High emotional intelligence and a sense of humor will help you to coach and counsel employees as needed.
- A passion for or interest in the digital media and technology space will help you assimilate into and amplify Outbrain’s unique culture.
Back to top