Head of Sales, Italy
- Milan, Italy
At Outbrain, we created the "DISCOVERY" space. We are on a mission to help users discover the most interesting content online, while giving Brands the ability to reach a large and highly engaged audience in order to accelerate their business. Using personalized links, Outbrain recommends content across many of the biggest media sites, including CNN, Fox News, Time Inc., ESPN, Sky News, Telegraph, Le Monde, Le Figaro, TF1, L'Equipe, El Pais, Bild.de, Il Messaggero, etc.
Founded in 2006, the company is headquartered in New York, with 18 offices in the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Singapore, Brazil, Japan and Australia. Globally, Outbrain reaches each month +1 Billion Unique Visitors.
Working for Outbrain, you would sell audience solutions to all the biggest brands such as RedBull, Lidl, L'Oréal and some of the biggest digital agencies, to drive quality traffic to sites and conversions.
Outbrain provides a fun, fast-paced, hard working culture, built on top performance. We offer a competitive package, including an attractive basic salary, performance related bonus, gym subsidy and free snacks!
Your first year should look like this:
- In your first month, you should find your bearings, do a deep dive into the Outbrain product, and start to build key internal and external relationships.
- After three months, you will be an expert in content marketing and you’ll have mastered our positioning within the digital landscape. You’ll be able to confidently and effectively deliver our pitch, will have already completed a number of in person client meetings and you’ll have a ton of new in person meetings scheduled.
- After six months, you will have successfully closed an abundance of new brand and agency business as well have significantly grown a number of key existing accounts. You’ll have got to know your team in and out.
- When you finish up your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the Italian sales team, having substantially increased Outbrain’s market penetration with the key brand and agencies within the region.
- Management of the sales team for Italy
- Leveraging a strong base of brand/agency contacts to help the sales team grow their business.
- Plan, direct and implement sales strategy
- Negotiate and establish agency agreements with key agency groups
- Maintain contact with key markets and customers, while maximizing potential volume
- Plan and direct Salesforce activities to maximize profit from all segments of the market and provide accurate budgets and sales forecasts
- Exceed sales, pricing and yield goals and develop scalable solutions and improvements to support Outbrain’s continued growth
- Create and communicate sales plans and progress to executive staff, including special events, incentives and lead management
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including product, operations, marketing, business development, sales planning and account management
- Serve as an industry thought leader
Desired Skills and Experience:
- An established network of senior digital contacts in the brand & agency world in Italy
- Proven experience of managing other sales people
- Full proficiency in Salesforce and/or CRM platforms
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to help grow your teams’ pipeline, push and close outbound leads
- Solid understanding of digital technologies and the digital landscape generally
- Exemplary planning and organisational skills
- Fluency in English
Back to top