Head of Publisher Development - Tokyo, Japan
Outbrain is seeking a highly motivated, relationship-focused Head of Publisher Development (Engage) who will be responsible for supporting the revenue growth and relationship development of our Engage business line in the Japan market, by leveraging the industry’s leading content recommendations solutions for premium publishers in Japan.
This position will be responsible for developing and executing short- and long-term strategies for growing revenue. Through a consultative approach, the Head of Publisher Development will offer an array of solutions to the publisher partners for maximizing their revenue, and he/she will be responsible for the long-term growth of both existing and prospective clients. This position will support the Account Managers and liaise with Technical Account Management and other internal functions to ensure that client needs are met and provide input to product management teams on features that would provide partners additional value.
Our ideal candidate will have strong business development experience, ideally at a senior level, within a digital and publishing environment, supported by exemplary relationship management skills. Candidates must have experience developing short- and long-term plans and budgets to drive revenue growth.
We’re committed to finding an effective team leader who can lead and manage the Engage team, and who is also a consultative dealmaker with the ability to manage existing accounts, source new clients and build a revenue pipeline, turning prospects into partners.
Our team is made up of individuals who are resourceful, bright, and proactive, and who work well both independently and as part of a fast-growing team.
- Manage and grow partnership with key publishers in Japan; expand publisher network and actively develop new business opportunities
- Source, pursue and close deals that are in-line with the company’s goals and capabilities
- Develop and execute short and long-term strategies for growing revenue, increasing product adoption, and keeping partners happy
- Forecast revenue and growth; provide accurate and timely reports
- Work with the Account Management team to deliver the best of our monetization and recommendation solutions to our publishers
- Mentor and coach publisher development team members
- Provide leadership and strategic direction
- Provide input to product management teams on features that would provide partners additional value; understand details of product roadmap.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Excellent leadership/management skills (Minimum of 2 years of experience managing a small team)
- Considerable experience working in the digital media industry (ideally publisher related) in Japan (Minimum of 3 years of online advertising or digital publishing experience preferred)
- Solid understanding of digital technologies/site monetization and ability to take a consultative approach and explain product benefits in detail to existing and prospective clients
- Experience with revenue forecasting and strategic planning
- Excellent quantitative skills and a proven ability to monitor, identify and present performance metrics
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation and sales skills
- Excellent relationship building abilities and experience in contract negotiations
- Experience in structuring and negotiating deals for a digital company or deals where an online component and revenue was central
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in English and Japanese at a professional level
Back to top