Head of Product Design
Outbrain is looking for a strong, visionary leader to provide leadership for our Product Design team. The team of UX and Visual designers will look to the Head of Product Design for creative leadership, team mentorship & evangelism to allow us to execute consistent cutting-edge user experience. This role will work closely with the product, engineering, and client-facing teams to manage the design process from product creation to product evangelism.
The ideal candidate’s strengths lie in UX/UI and visual design, as well as process and people management. This person is able to manage multiple inputs from multiple stakeholders while setting reasonable deadlines and pushing back when needed.
If you’re obsessed with user experience, design and execution in an agile environment , we’d love to speak with you!
- Lead and grow the Product Design team of visual/UX designers (across international locations)
- Contribute to product strategy: help shape the future of the service and help craft the communication to the team and larger organization
- Define and evolve the Product Design teams’ processes
- UX and art direction: inspire, guide and direct designers’ work
- Oversee a holistic design approach for the company by implementing style guidelines and consistency of the UI design system across promotional materials and collateral
- Assist in the creation of strategic materials and demos to internal and external teams
- Lead internal reviews for feature and UI design, art direction and other UX/UI responsibilities
- Lead user testing/data analysis of interface’s usage by customers and consumers
- Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI or a design-related field, plus 7+ years professional design practice, or equivalent experience
- An exceptional portfolio demonstrating a track record of successful design/UX team leadership
- Impeccable sensitivity to visual design
- Strong background in prototyping, usability testing, usability measurement and iterative product design
- Fluent knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure and other design tools, including interactive prototyping tools
- Strong grasp of designing for cross-platform experiences
- Experience leading a global team and working across time zones, fostering strong relationships with remote team members
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable examples of successful application design work; e-commerce and/or gaming is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Up-to-date knowledge of online product trends and best practices
Please be sure to include your portfolio URL in your resume or cover letter!
Back to top