The fraud analyst is responsible for analysis of online fraud patterns, particularly Click fraud and Ad cloaking. The analysis results are incorporated into automatic fraud detection mechanisms.
- Manual analysis and research to detect fraud proactively
- Design relevant algorithms to detect fraud and measure their ROI
- Enhancement of fraud detection mechanisms to reduce manual reviews to the minimum.
- Investigate fraud complaints from customers, clients and internal business units.
- Provide feedback for improvement of fraud handling procedures.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams
- Stay up to date on fraud trends and relevant regulations
- Strong analytical and technical skills to drive inventive and creative fraud detection using facts and data
- Hands on SQL experience for big data analysis (MySQL, Hadoop, Vertica, BigQuery)
- Programming/Scripting (Python, Java, ETL frameworks etc.)
- Extensive experience with Excel
- High attention to detail, organization, team-orientation and able to work under tight deadlines
- Enjoys working in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Flexibility to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient English skills
- Familiar with web fraud detection concepts (such as device ID, fraudster devices, web session analysis, fraud types, current market solutions) - highly desired
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (R ,SPSS, SAS etc)
- Experience as a data analyst / BI
- Bachelor’s Degree in exact sciences
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Head of Brand & Agency Sales East
Caroline helps marketers elevate their brands through native advertising, fostering partnerships with top brands and agencies, while ensuring their content assets are visible to the most engaged audiences in the most premium environments.
Back to top