E-Mail Marketing Manager
Do you obsess over great customer communications? Do you save great examples of email campaigns? Do you think about how you can be constantly improving the design, copy, actionable CTAs and A/B tests for your campaigns? Outbrain is looking for an Email Marketing Manager to support our multi-segment email marketing programs.
You will focus on the planning, execution, and analysis of email marketing programs in support of customer lifecycle initiatives. You will play a vital role within our retention strategy, identifying opportunities to optimize engagement and revenue across our lifecycle marketing campaigns
You will leverage your CRM knowledge, email marketing experience and campaign data to continually optimize and recommend best practices and testing scenarios to make our next success even greater. You will be responsible for helping to build an optimal customer experience from onboarding through to reactivation. You’ll also stay up-to-date on CRM and email marketing best practices with regard to contact strategies, analysis, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and execution of the vision and strategy for the Customer Retention roadmap through email programs supporting the customer lifecycle.
- Create, write and build multiple email campaigns to execute against our customer segmentation strategy including lead-nurture, onboarding, upsell and winback campaigns
- Develop robust A/B and multivariate testing programs to optimize email performance.
- Ensure quality execution of campaigns to drive customer engagement and retention(so you still get that little bit of ‘fear’ each time you press send)
- Analyze campaign results and make recommendations based on email performance insights
- Provide regular email reports to measure and optimize against key performance indicators
- Maintain email production schedule in coordination with wider team
- Build and update email templates in line with Outbrain brand guidelines
- Maintain strong knowledge of email marketing, our target customer, retail, marketing and competitive trends.
- Continuously review operating practices and procedures to determine whether improvements can be made within and implement changes as appropriate.
- Work with our awesome global team .
- Take your work seriously but don’t take yourself too seriously
- BA/BS degree or equivalent knowledge or experience
- 2-3 years experience in email marketing
- Strong analytic capabilities required, both quantitative and qualitative
- Exceptional time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Innovative mindset; willingness to test new approaches
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Skill managing both the big picture and fine details
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team
- Obsessive attention to detail
- An understanding of HTML coding, and familiarity with the technical platforms on which campaigns are built and executed
- Familiarity with database management
- Silverpop, Exact Target, Marketo, Hubspot platforms knowledge a plus
- Salesforce working knowledge a plus
Back to top