Director of Sales - Tokyo, Japan
Outbrain is seeking a motivated, entrepreneurially-spirited Director of Sales who will be responsible for our Amplify business line in the Japan market, ready to make a difference in digital marketing. This position will be responsible for driving direct revenue by leveraging the industry's leading content recommendations solutions for brands and advertising agencies in Japan.
We're committed to finding an effective team leader who is a consultative dealmaker with the ability to manage existing accounts, source new clients and build a revenue pipeline, turning prospects into partners. Candidates must possess the skills and experience required to develop short- and long-term plans and budgets to drive revenue growth.
Our team is made up of individuals who are resourceful, bright, and proactive, and who work well both independently and as part of a fast-growing team.
- Source, pursue and close deals that are in-line with the company's goals and capabilities
- Maintain key client relationships and actively develop new business opportunities, make in-person presentations to clients and negotiate contracts
- Develop and execute short and long-term strategies for growing revenue, increasing product adoption, and keeping clients happy
- Ability to manage a growing pipeline and accurately forecast new business closure rate and revenue booked
- Liaise with the Account Management team to effectively manage client expectations and ensure successful campaigns and installations
- Provide input to technical and product management teams on features that would provide partners additional value; understand details of product roadmap
- Sell multiple solutions to a given customer without confusing overall product messaging
- Mentor and coach sales team members
- Provide leadership and strategic direction
What you'll need to be successful:
- You're a highly motivated, entrepreneurial sales professional
- You possess effective leadership/management skills (Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a team of 15+ employees)
- You have a solid knowledge of the digital marketing landscape and have an established network of digital contacts in the brand or agency world in Japan (Minimum of 5 years of industry experience)
- You have experience with strategic planning
- You're not a fan of display ads, and are passionate about educating brands on a more effective way to engage with their target audience online with content marketing
- You understand how to think consultatively, and can sell our multiple solutions without confusing the overall product messaging
- Excel doesn't make you sweat - Analyzing campaign analytics and metrics will come naturally
- You are comfortable communicating (verbal and written) in English and Japanese at a professional level
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Lior oversees every aspect of Outbrain products that go to market. From the initial concept to the development of the project to its final release, Lior makes sure that every product feature is in tune with Outbrain's audience.
Back to top