Developer Support Engineer- SDK & API's
Outbrain is hiring a Developer Support Engineer – SDK & API’s ready to play a key and hands-on role in supporting our mobile and apps business and leading the mobile developer support efforts. You should be a motivated technology enthusiast who enjoys learning new things while helping others. This role will require in-depth knowledge of mobile technologies and standards, and our products.
You will assist our customers globally with implementation of our SDKs and supporting products. When not engaging directly with our client’s developers, you will be responsible for developing sample applications that demonstrate usage of the SDKs and APIs as well as technical documentations for our client SDK developers.
You will also collaborate closely with both our internal R&D teams, Sales Engineers, Technical Account Managers, and our Account Management and Product Management Groups and will actively contribute to the ongoing success of our products. You will have the opportunity to provide critical input to our product and engineering teams with regards to our solution utilizations and limitations.
If you are interested in joining a group of accomplished, passionate people pushing the edge on blogging, apps, widgets and online publishing; if you think content discovery is a key concept for the future of the Internet–then we want to talk to you.
As with any Outbrain employee, we’re looking for someone who is resourceful, bright, proactive, a go-getter, passionate about what she or he does and works well both independently and as a part of a team.
Outbrain offers full benefits, a competitive salary, and equity in a rapidly growing (and well funded) start-up.
● Review clients application code and make recommendations based on best practices
● Assist client developers design applications to meet specific customer-defined use cases based on existing SDKs and APIs
● Develop and maintain customer-facing documentation to demonstrate known issues, best practices and improve overall customer support documentation.
● Effectively summarize and communicate customer requests to Product Management and SDK development teams
● Meet defined Service Level Agreements in responding to client developers
● Create and maintain sample applications and code snippets to demonstrate functionality of existing SDKs and APIs and best practices
● Support client software developers in using existing SDKs and APIs
● Stay current with current product roadmap; communicate to customers effectively and accurately
● Work closely with our Sales Engineering and Implementation QA teams to provide a consolidated advise, support and verification services.
● BA/BS degree or equivalent
● 5-7 years of experience in a technical client services environment
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Self-motivated with a passion for problem solving and an aptitude for customer happiness
● Strong mobile applications development experience (3+ years): Android and iOS (Objective-C and Swift)
● Development experience with one or more of the following REST, SOAP, XML, JSON
● Excellent software debugging skills and experience
● 5 years of experience working with and implementing SDK and API solutions
● 3-5 years of experience with backend scripting, databases and server side programming
● Ability to actively drive problems to resolution
● Sound decision-making and critical thinking skills
● Exceptional organization and prioritization skills
● Ability to interact with clients, management and peers in an appropriate, professional manner
● Effective cross-department communication
● Ability to work in a fast pace environment with a high degree of professionalism and skill
Back to top